Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

I've been reading up on other forums, a few people have tried those mystery subs on ebay and i've heard pretty good things about most of them. Good subs if you're looking to run a big cone area budget build, don't plan on pushing "2x-3x rated" power like a lot of people do with sundown, aa, fi, etc etc etc though.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

• 3 weeks later...

Get them, port them, you will never look back again...

SPL ECLIPSE from the Realm(love that forum) has a wall...

I have one. It's in a box that masured 1.6 cubic feet, 2.1 after the port... tuned to 35hz, powered by an RF P1000.1bd making 700 watt real rms power at 2ohms..this is not a sub that will disappoint...one year warranty too. I ran it for a solid hour at high volumes, still clear, and still strong. just a little interesting mmm challenge maybe...bet you can't find a stiffer subwoofer out of the box...know I have never seen one this stiff before. anyway if you compair it to a w6, a type r, hx2, M3, SA, they all fall short of this one. Will it handle 1000watts rms? idk..haven't tried the 1500 on it yet.

So check this out...

3in, dual 4ohm voice coils

750watts RMS-don't know if I got a diff model than everyone is finding but my magnet says clearly 750watts rms/1400 peak

spiders are screwed to the basket with a ring that follows the whole diameter of spider

leads are stitched thru the spider

they put exra vent holes in the bottom of the magnet arounf the coils for extra cooling...something I haven't seen done in a long time, even on a lot of "high-end" subs you don't typically see this.

when you actually hold and see one in person, they are quite well made and of quality material

One year warranty

=and the customer service is actually not crap...unlike hmm, RF, Alpine, Sundown, JL, memphis, all these companies do is get you off the phone, and tell you O sorry can't help, our shits junk, but since you installed it, or since there is the teeniest tiniest mark on the sub we are not going to honor our warranty...thats what you get when you call with an issue BTW.

I have one. It's in a box that masured 1.6 cubic feet, 2.1 after the port... tuned to 35hz, powered by an RF P1000.1bd making 700 watt real rms power at 2ohms..this is not a sub that will disappoint...one year warranty too. I ran it for a solid hour at high volumes, still clear, and still strong. just a little interesting mmm challenge maybe...bet you can't find a stiffer subwoofer out of the box...know I have never seen one this stiff before. anyway if you compair it to a w6, a type r, hx2, M3, SA, they all fall short of this one. Will it handle 1000watts rms? idk..haven't tried the 1500 on it yet.

So check this out...

750watts RMS-don't know if I got a diff model than everyone is finding but my magnet says clearly 750watts rms/1400 peak

spiders are screwed to the basket with a ring that follows the whole diameter of spider

they put exra vent holes in the bottom of the magnet arounf the coils for extra cooling...something I haven't seen done in a long time, even on a lot of "high-end" subs you don't typically see this.

when you actually hold and see one in person, they are quite well made and of quality material

One year warranty

=and the customer service is actually not crap...unlike hmm, RF, Alpine, Sundown, JL, memphis, all these companies do is get you off the phone, and tell you O sorry can't help, our shits junk, but since you installed it, or since there is the teeniest tiniest mark on the sub we are not going to honor our warranty...thats what you get when you call with an issue BTW.

Is that so?

Whereabouts is the rock you have been living under?

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

So check this out...

One year warranty

Way to bash brands.

Looks like fresh butthurt for the meme thread.

A little help N8?

read the rest of that guys posts before you even bother to take what he says seriously. Theres a reason he loves realm of excursion.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ok, ive been talking with the company that has these,and sent me a spec sheet, and i'll do my best to transfer this info..nominal impedance 8ohm,resonance frequency 40hz plus/minus 20%, rated freq range 50-1.8k, characteristic sensitivity (spl) 85db @1w on axis from 1m, rated noise power (phc) 420w, long term max power 800w in series, voice coil diameter 51.5 mm, dc resistance 8ohm, voice coil height 26mm, copper coils, former material asv, 4 layer, magnet size 140*60*20, material y30, force factor (bl) 25.71, gap height (Hgap) 8mm, linear excursion (Xmax) 8.5mm, sweep test sine wave 29 v @ 40-3khz, distortion 7% max @ 85db from 48hz to 3khz...

Does all this make these a sensible buy @ 120.00 for 2 of them?? thank you in advance for all of your input....

Umm I don't think those are the specs for the big one, I know my excusion is wwaaaayyyyy more than what those specs say...and it's dual 4ohm coils too, think you r specs are wrong.

those are 400 watt woofers not 800 800 is the max rating. I would steer clear.

as far as 12's go....they are 1400watt max for the 3in coil version and 1600 watt max for the smaller 2.5coil version...makes no sense I know...here is some links

This is the big one...The one I have and posed about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-1400-W-Watts-M2-/350591925692?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item51a0e83dbc&vxp=mtr

This is the small one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-STEREO-SUB-1600-W-Watts-L12-/140839442259?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item20caaf5753&vxp=mtr

the 10's

bigger one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-STEREO-SUB-1000-W-Watts-M1-/130757903869?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item1e71c745fd&vxp=mtr

smaller one...here is your 800 watt max...but its the crappiest one they have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-CAR-SUBWOOFER-10-AUDIO-SUB-800-W-L11-/140824313201?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item20c9c87d71

That would be the first time i see people saying RF, Sundown,JL having bad customer service.(even Alpine has good customer service)

I would save up a little more for better, like pioneer subs, they aren't expensive and they are good.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I say get the ebay subs, test them out, and report back to us with pros and cons.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

haha ok...yeah I've never called or owned any of those other companies subs...I never had a problem with "lifetime warrantys" just telling it how it is and thats my experience with the others...and as far as this sub goes it's not a dissapointment...you could compare this sub to one of 5x its price....

and in the realm people don't really talk to people either sooo...yeah...i'm trying to give this kid some info and your talking shit about me...exactly why I have left and re0signed up for this forum like 5 times in the last 3 years so...uhh...yeah...thats why I like the realm and I do not fancy the SMD site..but some ppl here are cool, and some have pretty nice setups too...

mystery sub better than these in same box in same car on same amp on same headunit

Alpine type r--the people that answer the phone are dumbasses

rockford hx2-RF 1 year warranty is good, but it's a pain

memphis M3--lifetime warranty is a joke, they don;t even do it anymore

sundown SA--they had the best cusomer service out of all the others BTW, just wanted to clairify that

Mystery sub responds next day no problems

So check this out...

One year warranty

So if you dont like SMD then why post here??? :blink:

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived