Sonic Electronix

i have a aq 1200d wired down to one ohm on my nightshade but was wondering about the clipping sensor. i have heard if it clips a little bit its not bad. but i can't believe everything off the internet. i have yet to tune it out perfectly and will do asap (just put the amp in today). but to the point , what makes the sub clip?how can it be prevented? i have the amp on 2 gauge wire with stock electrical. will be doing the big 3 sometime soon.

The sub won't clip, but it will break if you let your amp clip. It can be prevented with a DD-1 or Oscope, preferably dd-1.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Clipping can be caused by multiple things, to low of a voltage being given to the amp. The gain being to high and creating a clipped signal, or the music itself having clipped notes. The one your talking about on the knob is not that accurate. Best way to prevent, is to get the amplifier tuned properly, using the tools Omega said, Also making sure the music that you go full tilt on is clean. Another way to prevent, don't feed your amplifier voltage below 12.6v.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Ya they should, stop by some shops, and ask how much they charge and what tools they use to do it to make sure they are doing it right. And maybe even ask to see them do it because your interested in it for yourself, want to know how the stuff works.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Check to see if they have an O-scope or DD-1, if they say they can do it by ear, stay far away from them.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Check to see if they have an O-scope or DD-1, if they say they can do it by ear, stay far away from them.

If I went to a shop and they said by ear, I would start laughing, turn around, and walk out, laughing the whole time.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Can't really say, personally I wouldn't worry about it. If it stays constant back down, also check your sub/amp temperatures regularally to see if they get hot.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have the same amp and if its solid your clipping, my amp is tuned with a dd-1 -5db track and some songs the light doesn't come on but others it will like if I'm playing some Psych Morrison the light will flash a lot but harder bass songs will draw more current and that's why the light on the clipping knob will come on. Now don't take what I said bc your equipment is different, same amp but could clip before mine. Get a dd-1 until then make sure it's not solid

Archived