Second Skin Audio

Need Help Soundstream XXX 18 Box Design plz Help plz

Nao

Hey I'm new to this site but I'm in need of some help. I recently got my hands on a Soundstream xxx 18 its my favorite sub idk y. Anyway i have built boxes before and was very successful at everyone but this is the first time i had a sub like this and I've been hearing all type things like build a small box, build a big box, sell the sub it and get something else, anyway long story short I'm not getting rid of it, I live in The Bahamas and we don't have the pleasure of just picking up competition sub woofers anywhere. Here's the thing i want to do a sealed off trunk build this sub is gonna go along with a crescendo BC 5500 with full electrical to back it I'm saving for it now. I'm a family man so i cant do a wall thing I have a 2004 Honda Accord I'm very good at building I'm a carpenter. I'd like a box that i can put in and take out my trunk but i know sometimes that plays a factor in size so if i have to build a box in my trunk i will. I just need some imput, suggestions, options, anything really.....also i'd like a 32hz tune to hit some real lows I also have a Audio control epicenter i just got a 25hz chip for it......and how does subs sound facing the cabin i never done it before plz help me I'm willing and open and ready to start

The XXX-18 is optimized for large vented enclosures. Suggested volumes are included for 4ft3, 6ft3 and 8ft3, but it can go in larger enclosures if desired. Specs are as follows:

Fs 22.9 Hz

Vas 5.504 ft^3

Qms 5.866

Qes .191

Qts .185

QVC Quad 1.2-Ohm Coils with 10 gauge leads – no crappy terminals

BL 19.47

Xmax 30mm

Xmech 45mm – That’s 3.5” of peak-to-peak excursion for you tweaks!

2.83v 99.81dB

Wrms 10,000 watts – Not peak, RMS!

Archived