Second Skin Audio

DD SW6.5 Box Suggestions

MattyMattOne

I Have a DD SW6.5. I built a box for it that's .34cuft net tuned at 57hz. DD doesn't recommend tuning it below 40hz, the website says 43hz is the Fs. It hits pretty hard yet bottoms out on the low hits of some songs(such as the low hit in the beat of "On My Level" by Wiz Khalifa). I was considering tuning to 45hz, maybe 40hz, I just want to hit the lows as best as possible without damage to the sub. The box has to be 8" deep, and 9" tall, but can be any width up to 36". i want the sub to be upfiring. Any box designs or suggestions please?

I swear that shit shot out into the parking lot too. Very dangerous, but fun.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

Okay will do, as a matter of fact that's where I bought it from. I asked if he'd sold many of the 6.5's and he said I was the first person to buy one. I will for sure check up with him, good idea. I just want a bunch of opinions/designs to ponder on lol.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

The reason why it is bottoming out, is because you tuned it to 57hz, and playing a 28hz note, not going to happen. I don't know about that sub, and about tuning it low, try and it and see what happens.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I'd consider doing a folded horn for the frequency you want.

I'll look up what a folded horn is.. I've only made about 10 enclosures so far, a couple were sealed and the rest are slot ports. I'm just starting out and haven't done anything too extravagant. I use Torres Tuning Calculator and Google Sketchup. I was drawing some ideas up today and I think I want to center the sub in the middle of the box and doing two ports, one on both sides of the sub. What are the harms of tuning subs lower than the fs?

Archived