Sonic Electronix

Blow though - box through? AA Mayhem 18 4th order?

Ok so I have a ford ranger with an AA Mayhem 18 and I'm looking to put a second one in. now my 6 cube box takes up a lot of room so I know a 12 cube isn't going to fit. lol So i was wondering if some of the box was in the cab and the rest in the bed would it work correctly? My plan is to mount the 2 18s face forward, with the port facing upward in the cab. then thew the hole the the back put the rest of the box. But because of the restriction in the middle idk if this would work properly.

If this is a no go, would the Mayhems work in a 4th Order Blow through. or even a 6th order??

The mayhems will work great in a 6th order. The parameters are similar to m1 xl 18s which I know love 6th orders. As to the original question, adding additional space by cutting the cab and expanding into the bed, I would say it would probably work. However, if you are already going to cut the cab, why not just go full blowthrough to save cab space? My thoughts at least haha.

What restriction in the middle are you referring to?

Team NorthWestSPL

Ok thinking about a 6th order then. But the restrictions would be the hole through the bed. the box would basically be a hourglass shape. it wouldn't be a that bad, but still wondering if it would work properly.

Archived