Astro build...*NEW VIDEOS! page 7!* lots of sexy plexiglass, 2 18s walled, ~9k rms

that is some amazing work you do. not so easy to have everything looking that clean keep it up cant wait to see the rest of it :D

-2000 chevy tahoe 5.3 liter v8

-two DC audio level 3 15 inch subwoofers

-2 pairs of infinity kappa 60.9cs components

-rockford fosgate t1500.1bd for subs

-rockford fosgate t400.4bd for mids and highs

-alpine deck

-big 3 upgrade 0 gauge power cable

-optima yellow top battery

-custom made subwoofer enclosure 6 cubic feet tuned at 35hz

sweet build so far. tuned in to see the rest.

thanks! it will take a while to finish, though.

this build is amazing! good work guys :wackit3:

thanks!

Tuned in, sick build! :popcorn:

thanks!

this is so sick already! wow

thanks!

that is some amazing work you do. not so easy to have everything looking that clean keep it up cant wait to see the rest of it :D

im trying to do everything the best way i can. im pretty good-when i dont rush through things. thats one of my major downfalls is that i always get so anxious to get the builds done or just to hear them that i cut corners. this is one build that is taking a TON of restraint to not rush lol

Freakin' awesome!

Very good work you guys have done so far. And why didn't I think of that with the Steam Cleaner?!?! :D

Tuned in for this one. :drink40:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Freakin' awesome!

Very good work you guys have done so far. And why didn't I think of that with the Steam Cleaner?!?! :D

Tuned in for this one. :drink40:

haha i had the steam cleaner to clean my townhouse...and i was like hmm- might as well use it in the van since its here. the carpets REALLY needed to be cleaned lol. but thanks for the compliment. it seems like every build i do, i get better and better at it!

damn im loving the way you did the ports. loooks clean as hell.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

20120827_164555.jpg

found a few pics of the van when we picked up a couple weeks ago. i wanted to have some BEFORE pics to compare to the AFTER pics.

20120827_164548.jpg

20120827_164617.jpg

the good ol 8 track player lol

20120830_212232.jpg

anyways, ive got a double today, so more work will be done tomorrow.

20120925_173655.jpg

oh, and the diamond plating that ive got--im going to try to get it cut and mounted tomorrow. it will be cut and going on the back of this ^^^ front baffle so that when you look through the rear doors of the van, you will look through the plexiglass and into the box to the back of the front baffle where you will see the back of the subs, the ports, the bracing, the port brace, and that whole panel where the subs are mounted will be covered in diamond plate. should look pretty sexy and have an awesome look when its lit!

I ran a singer 270, stock batt up front and 2 xs power xp3000's and I dropped .6 volts full tilt on an aq3500.1. You'll be fine.

wait, would it make sense that if i got a 350 amp alternator for my setup, that i would only need a small amount of reserve capacity since 350x14.4=5040??

think i might be able to get away with just one d3100 and an s3400?

this is my first time doing a build this large lol so idk what its like to run 5k yet.

Archived