Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone, i'm new to this forum and to audio. I have a 95 civic ex, running a Hifonics 1500D to a Sundown Sa-12 D4 in a box i built myself to 35hz, The amp is at 2 ohms at 1,000w. I get a little fading in lights. I want to get a second Sa-12 d4 and run it at 1 ohm. is my car going to be able to handle 1ohm? if not what about with the Big three? i dont have much money to throw around, i would think about getting a bigger alternator if anyone has recommendations. Thanks in advance.

I am running the hfi 1500d. They dont do rated as in under or over? i was told that they are rated at 14 volts but im not sure.

dont do rated as in they output less than what is advertised.

underrated = outputs more power than advertised.

overrated = outputs less power than advertised.

once you wire the amp to 1ohm only when you drive during the day will it stay around 14 13 volts if your lucky. Big 3 will help and upgrade the battery under the hood. At night you will not be able to go full tilt with your lights on without dipping down to 12 11 volts. I'm in the same boat just waiting ho alternator.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

what size battery to you guys recommend? any cheap volt meters you guys know of? aslo what size alternator? as in power? can i run a more powerful alternator to the same battery?

i fail to see why you need a HO alt. some people that give advice on this forum are stupid (ignorant, whatever you'd like to use).

Archived