Sonic Electronix

hi i am now 16 so it is about time to start thinking of buying a car so i am going to buy an audi a4 08 model quatro, s line, avant. and i would like to get some suggestions of box plans and dimensions. and what kind of mdf thickness should i use? i am most likely going to buy me 2 smd 18s but it is for sure going to be a problem to get them here in norway. and i wonder of how many t2500 i should use and i am going to buys some mids/highs any suggestion? and how many should i get of those amps for the woofers and mids/highs and tweeters?

every thing helps thanks

go big or go home

lol 18s wont fit unless you wall it but i think you should read around and look at builds.

2 smds and and 2-4 t2500s is alot of money to just jump into in your first car your well over 3000 in audio not to mention electrical upgrades.

my advice is to read alot on here and ask questions if you need help.

Bagged 83 C10

89 K1500 

lol 18s wont fit unless you wall it but i think you should read around and look at builds.

2 smds and and 2-4 t2500s is alot of money to just jump into in your first car your well over 3000 in audio not to mention electrical upgrades.

my advice is to read alot on here and ask questions if you need help.

i know but i got some money i want to spend

go big or go home

For your first setup you should probably run some sundown SA-12s. In nice a box. Trust me you will have the most badass car at your high school and probably one the loudest. Whatever you do don't wall the audi. Thats like slapping a baby across the face. You just don't do that.

2006 Chevy Silverado WT (Project Stealth)2-8" Sundown Audio SA-8 v1.5 (tuned to 33)Rockford AmpsFocal and Polk AudioStinger Wire and JL Audio RCAsPioneer AVH-P4300DVD (with bluetooth)PWK DesignsViper 5901

For your first setup you should probably run some sundown SA-12s. In nice a box. Trust me you will have the most badass car at your high school and probably one the loudest. Whatever you do don't wall the audi. Thats like slapping a baby across the face. You just don't do that.

i know but i want 18s beacuse money is no problem for me :D

go big or go home

NVM...

Spend some time surfin the forums bro... Im sure that you will find the information you need to get your build going along... I dont think starting with SMD's is a smart idea for the 1st build man... They take a LOT of power to run them correctly which takes an assload of money and knowledge which you dont yet posess... I would start off with a smaller setup that will still sound great and give you a chance to learn some stuff about audio before you dive into THOUSANDS of audio equipment and stuff

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Good, youll need it,.. because, your gonna spend all your parents money even trying to get even remotely loud, with the knowledge your packing...,.......

good thing you have the coin avalible..... your going to need it....

comin from someone that money is a issue........ good luck...

hehe i am a bit hany btw, and i work and i don' use my parents money. and here in norway car audio is expensive and in the us all car audio is cheap so i am going to buy it all from the us

go big or go home

Never mind the money.

I have an Audi A4 Avant. albeit slightly older than yours but the boot space is pretty similar.

I have the money to run 4 SMD18s on 20-30kwrms, but have I done it? No.

Simple reason - space. If you want to be loud then you need to use the airspace you have properly. No point trying to wedge in a load of subs with bucket loads of power if you can't give the subs enough airspace to work in efficiently or have room for all those batteries you'll be needing.

If you want a BIG install then go for 2 15s like I have, you'll be able to get around 7cuft+ net after all displacements and have room for a few big batteries in the spare wheel. My previous 2 15" BTL set up was doing high 40s/breaking into the 150db zone.

If you do want to go with SMDs you'll be able to get them through BladeICE - you'd have to contact them for pricing but I'm sure it'll be cheaper than importing direct from the US after paying shipping and taxes.

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

Just do 2 15 smds firing Foward from the trunk dude. Would be so loud

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived