Finally Off My Prefab Training Wheels

Anyone remember this topic? Well I got tired of that stupid probox, plus I had an opportunity to get 2 subs. I recently got my eagle scout, and as a gift i got two sundown SA-12's. I took your guys' advice and built a box for them. Its a separated chamber box with 2.06 cubes for each sub @ 600watts each. 4 three inch aero ports that are a little more than 8 inches long gives it a tuning of 36hz. I know thats kind of high but I like it. took me a week to design and three days to build.

It sounds awesome, especially when everything in my system agrees with each other. I can feel it in my throat on those notes above 40hz. It's funny how the subs really don't move that much but have no trouble being loud. The kids at my school pull in with their prefabs blaring their 2 12's thinking they're the shit and then they hear my box (on pretty much equal power). Just the other day I gave my friend a demo and as I was pulling out to leave and this kid looked at my car with a smile on his face and said "Damn!" It was the best thing ever.

Anyway here is a video I made of the box.

Getting out of the prefab always makes such a huge difference it's not even funny. When you design your own box, the sub's perform alot better because they are in the optimal enclosure built for them. I do see your system is banging pretty hard, and seems to sound pretty good too. Tuning of 36 hz is high for my taste, but it really depends on how much port you have, what music you listen to, and you're close to Sundown's reccommendation of 35hz, so you're good, and props on building and designing your own box. :good:

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Custom boxes are so worth it in the end. It's tuned perfectly as you want and as much space as you want.

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

Archived