Sonic Electronix

Wassup everyone, so today I discovered a weird noise coming from my subs when I play B-Legit "Where is this Going"

My set up is two Type R 12", dual 4ohm

wired to a rockford T500 at 1ohm (707watts so around 350watts per sub)

So Ive been playin this song and I wanted to see what kind of excursion was goin on when that major drop hits .... go back and pop the trunk to see and when the drop hits I hear a "screech" or "buzz" kind of sound coming from the woofers when they hit the 20hz or whatever ...but the bass sounds loud and clear in the cabin

Is it just the 12's are bottoming out with the 20hz ? because it makes a similar sound with the other (not as low) drop on the song

or is it something to worry about ?

Keep in mind the bass is loud and clear like you'd expect up front and I had no idea the subs would be making that sort of sound with excursion

shut your trunk.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

when the trunk is open, it is not creating any pressure in the cabin essentially allowing it to move more freely (kind of like a sub being free aired).

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

yes, when playing that low you will start to get mechanical noise, especially if the port is on the bigger side.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Lol yeah shut the trunk but what is your box tuned at? Playing 20hz is not a good thing lol unless your box is tuned to 28hz or lower

When playing a note that low then it's gonna make a noise

Wrong, there are people who are tuned in the mid to high 30's and can reach down to 20. Steve is a prime example, believe he is tuned to 32-33hz and has no problem demolishing his car with that 20hz note. It is all in the box design.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

lol I feel like such a noob .

but that makes sense having the trunk open to view them .

the box is almost 5 (4.8ish) cubic feet with a couple of 3-4inch diameter aero ports .

they can "hit" the lowest drop on that song, ONLY when Im sitting still at a stop light with both windows down lol all you hear is basically air moving

lol I feel like such a noob .

but that makes sense having the trunk open to view them .

the box is around 4 cubic feet with a couple of 3-4inch diameter aero ports .

they can "hit" the lowest drop on that song, ONLY when Im sitting still at a stop light with both windows down lol all you hear is basically air moving

slamming at a stop light, fail.

if you want to see the subs moving while playing music, turn the box around and seal it into cabin.

Lol yeah shut the trunk but what is your box tuned at? Playing 20hz is not a good thing lol unless your box is tuned to 28hz or lower

Wrong, there are people who are tuned in the mid to high 30's and can reach down to 20. Steve is a prime example, believe he is tuned to 32-33hz and has no problem demolishing his car with that 20hz note. It is all in the box design.

your prob right, i forgot about steve playing that song. but i am right about when playing that low its gonna make a noise

thanks for correcting me

your prob right, i forgot about steve playing that song. but i am right about when playing that low its gonna make a noise

thanks for correcting me

lol ya, that on the other hand your right :P

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm