After a ton of glazing and sanding. Realized I may just be painting these so might as well take the time to make them look decent.

KIMG0904

Lower area still needed touch up. Wasnt gonna waste primer on that spot

KIMG0907

KIMG0908

im so glad i made the foldout extension for my work bench wing.

KIMG0909

after trying out some of bondos brand black primer. Just because ive seen it on shelf for years i was curious, and the grey suck out like a sore thumb

KIMG0922

went with threaded 8-32 insert nuts this time. epoxied them in place just incase its permanent.(lol)

KIMG0923

KIMG0924

And this is when I remembered why  i countersunk the last rings....

barely hits but enough to drive me nuts.

KIMG0930

and the uneven gap between the far left and middle..... not really a big issue but if im gonna change depth im gonna fix that too.

KIMG0931

Edited by bsneon98
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

7 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Ton of work. How did it sound?

the sound is great, i may as well not even have rear fill, over powers them so much. Im just so tempted to butcher those rings out and start over :(

No tweeter in this one, just plugged them in, 0 tuning. (sorry for michael j fox filmwork)

With the tweeter.

It passes the Pink Floyd test too. Thats a must in my book

Hold up

Edited by bsneon98
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

• 4 months later...

Not much progress at all. Fit my trunk trim piece after sitting all winter and somehow had a magical 3/4" gap appear in between the panel and sub box. Literally changed nothing lol have no idea what happened. Dr side door panel interferes with rocker panel cover so will have to do some shaping again. Test fit passenger side and it clears thankfully. Thats about it as far as fab work goes. 

Other day my main 4 channel started going into protect after a certain volume using the usb inputs? didnt try bluetooth but seems weird I can crank the tuner and it doesnt protect but as soon as I switch to ipod it does it. All audio tracks are clean.. Flat EQ, no loudness no SLA, big time head scratcher. Out of curiosity was able to rip everything out and disconnect the wires going up front door panels since theres nothing there right now. And back to normal. I doubt anything is pinched or shorting but I was able to dodge the rain to do this much so well see what I can figure out. 

Nice work man! Doors look good.

About the USB. Play a 1kHz test tone, unplug RCAs from the 4ch amp, put your DMM on the rca leads, and read voltage. Then wiggle your USB connection and see if voltage moves erratically. If so, the voltage swings (like erratic ‘on-offs’) could send the amp into protect. 

I would wiggle every connection in the signal path to see if something else is amiss while youre at it. Good luck man! 

Also: your poor door hinges lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

21 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Nice work man! Doors look good.

About the USB. Play a 1kHz test tone, unplug RCAs from the 4ch amp, put your DMM on the rca leads, and read voltage. Then wiggle your USB connection and see if voltage moves erratically. If so, the voltage swings (like erratic ‘on-offs’) could send the amp into protect. 

I would wiggle every connection in the signal path to see if something else is amiss while youre at it. Good luck man! 

Also: your poor door hinges lol

thanks man! Yeah any thing I want to try I will. I oscoped every gain on all 3 amps to prevent wierd issues like this. 1k 0 db test track for 4 channel and 40 hz -5 db Id still like to buy a dd1 to put my mind at ease. I appreciate the input! It always helps to have a fresh set of eyes. 

Yes they are hurting. they are in need of a good greasing but the one panel with speakers prob weights like 30+ pounds. Thats one reason why I almost want to modify the stock location to make one 6.5 work and cram another in my kick panel location. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Anything new on the system? Still lovin it?

nope. everything is still the same. took the door panel out to do some final thinking / shaping. It may be a ton of finagle work to get these to mount and secure up like I would like to. Sometimes I want to try to adapt just one 6.5 in the stock location and throw the factory panel on and call it a day... Its hard for me to match this interior shade 100% and my ocd just doesnt allow that.. well see!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 8 months later...

So to piggyback on my status update a while ago this was the big thing I did, finally got keys yesterday.
Hopefully this should rekindle some motivation pretty soon here. Gonna be a busy summer!

20190326_172239

Edited by bsneon98

Bought a House? Nice garage!!  Sometimes a guy just needs time away from the hobby to get rejuvenated.  That is the time to enjoy the system while planning the next stage. lol Your car looks clean.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1