Nao

Need Help With a box choice.....PLZ

Need some experienced help on a box decision. I have a 18 inch sub im building a 6 cuft box with aeroports @ 30-31hz its a trunk build going in a 2004 Honda Accord. I know certain setups sound different in different environments but from some experienced persons in trunk builds what sounds best and is loudest and also kill the lows.

1) Sub and port forward sealed off from the trunk

2) Sub up port back/front

3) Sub forward sealed off and port side/back

sub forward port forward, sealed off, is almost always loudest in trunks. you just have to make sure you sealed every single hole on/around the rear deck. if not, you will be louder with the trunk open than closed. sounds weird, but thats how it works.

Edited by Kranny

aw ok RAM DESIGNS was designing a box for me and he was saying sub forward sealed off port back or side whats the purpose of that i thought the reason for ports other than tuning is the sound to escape out it making the setup louder. how loud would it be with this type design

So doing both sub and port forward sealed is my best option? Also the sub is a soundstream xxx 18 6cuft @ 30-31hz tune how many aero ports and size you think is optimal

i hgihly doubt you are going to have the height to fire an 18 forward or abck in a trunk car.

I have a height of 19 1/4 max that to the 6x9 magnet so i can squeeze it in or i can build the box in the trunk wider and further behind the magnet and have a clearance of 23.5 inch but that would make it more difficult to seal off

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now