CE Auto Electric Supply

Ok so if I'm understanding correctly, the head unit remote turn on then goes to pin 86 (which you've changed from purple to now blue/white). Then the diode goes from there to pin 86 so as not to have power going through to the thermostat because the thermostat is what is going to trigger the relay correct?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work Tony!!! Lol another question for ya! I already have the Tork1 kit from you, which seems like it is this kit minus the stuff for the thermostat. Is there any chance I could pruchase a thermostat seperatly and just wire it in to what I have now. JUst PM me if you like and let me know. Thanks in advance!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Hmmm . . . well, the CFAK can be triggered via either of the following methods:

Via Head Unit:

- Head Unit must be ON

- Temperature rises above set point on thermostat

Via Switch

- Switch must be ON

- Temperature rises above set point on thermostat

RootxBeer - if you are using the TORK2 Kit to ONLY turn on fans, then yes we can add the thermostat. If you are using it to turn on amplifiers and fans, then you will need the complete CFAK kit in addition to the TORK2.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 2 months later...

You don't really have to mount the thermostat to the amplifier for it to be effective, just nearby. Then, adjust the thermostat to trigger the fans ON to suit your preference. If you wanted the thermostat to be "mounted" to the amplifier, then you can buy some thermal compound from radio shack for a few dollars, put some on the base of the thermostat, and then make a little bracket to hold the thermostat against the heat sink of the amp.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif