The SMD HLC-2 Line Output Converter (proto pics inside)

I don't remember exacly what happened but I was not able to set it with my dd-1 so I had to set it like the instructions said. First I checked what my h/u clipped at with my dd-1 then I set the lc6i like the instructions said and then after it was set I set my gains on my amp with the dd-1. I will check it today so I can remember what the problem was.

So I have a tricky set up in my car 08 civic exl with navi. I have the stock 8" sub tapped into a PAC SOEM-T and it doesnt seem to distort, but i keep the gain set so i never had the deck turned up too high. I have had older setups with crappy LOCs but this one seems pretty decent. The thing is i cant really control the midbass in my car because i have the bass boost off and bass on the deck turned all the day down. I have the sub on neutral though. Any suggestions and do you think this piece might help my problem?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

HU Stock Ex-l Navi

Kicker 06zx750.1

2 Kicker Comp 12's

Chambered box 2cubes per sub at 38hz

4 gauge tsunami wire

Stinger Volt meter

08 Civic ex-l

Hey Steve, great video! I was wondering if maybe you can test 1 of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-Adjustable-Line-Out-Converter-80-Watts/10756155

On the same deck in the video and see if it distorts at a lower volume to show how much more volume you gain by using the SMD HLC-2.

Btw, I will be purchasing another 1 of your great products!

Nice!!! :good: I'm definitely getting this to replace my audiocontrol lc6i.

is the Lc6 dirty? if not you are probably not gonna need to switch out. I would love to sell you one but Audio Control makes good stuff so you are probably already good. :D

I don't remember exacly what happened but I was not able to set it with my dd-1 so I had to set it like the instructions said. First I checked what my h/u clipped at with my dd-1 then I set the lc6i like the instructions said and then after it was set I set my gains on my amp with the dd-1. I will check it today so I can remember what the problem was.

The lc6i is not dirty. The problem I had was that the instructions for setting up the knobs on it say that when the maximized light is on then it is clipping and with my dd-1 I can turn up the gain knobs on the lc6i all the way up and not get distortion, but the maximized light does light up so that is where I had got confused. But what I did this time is I just went by what my dd-1 said and I ignored the maximized light on the lc6i. I also checked the output voltage of the lc6i and since I know I can go all the way up on the knob and get no distortion I just backed it down a lil to where I got 5v. So that's how I have it set now and I re-set my gain on my amp and now it is almost turned all the way down. So I guess I won't be needing the hlc-2 for now but I might in the future.

Yes, a normal multi meter will work, just set it to ac voltage. On acv my dmm only has two setting 500v and 200v so I set mine to 200v ac. When testing this I was told not to set it lower than 10v ac because you can burn out your dmm.

Edited by youngsticky

and price estimates? i have a few buddies who need some of these.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Is there any info on max input wattage and frequency response? I've seen some interest in home theater but nothing even close to something like this this exists (and is good). Problem there is, most things there are going to be outputting a lot more than the <50W most decks do.

I'm super glad to see all of these latest innovations between SMD and D'amore. It's seriously raising the standard of car audio as a whole

• 1 month later...

Steve! When will this be released? I really need a loc and I know this will be exactly what I need. So any reasonable ETA?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before