The SMD HLC-2 Line Output Converter (proto pics inside)

All of the last posts are about an eta. I'm sure Steve will let us know when he knows haha.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, no new news. This would be hands down the best HLC on the market......but the cost to make one of these is so high, they might be hard to sell. The problem with being a small company is, we only make these products 100, sometimes 200 at a time. That doesn't make for a cheap product. If i had the money to order 100,000 of them, i could keep the price reasonable.

All these new products we are coming out with are cool but everything costs so much money to produce, it is depressing. Then if it finally does get released, people complain about the prices while CERTAINLY none of us are getting rich here. Just barely keeping it afloat. The products don't just fall out of the sky. We have to basically break ourselves every time we make something. Perfect example. The VU-Din. Those things are an arm and a leg to produce which means the price i have to sell them for is not exactly cheap. Then it takes a year to sell 100 of them. They have been sold out for a while and i want to bring them back but i can't afford to drop almost 10 grand and wait a year to make it back. A lot of people in this thread SAY they want the product but i can almost bet the house that if it came out right now, i would sell just a few and then one or two every few weeks. When you got thousands invested, that doesn't cut it.

I guess i could apply for a loan and get some of this stuff produced but then i get to OWE the bank $20-30,000...and then wait who knows how long to get it back. Right now, we (SMD and D'Amore) have done this with no loans, no help from anyone. It is hard. Remember guys, the cost of these products are not just the sum of the materials and parts they are made of. I can name at least 10 things that cost money to do this that ISN'T circuit boards, resistors a plastic case and some wire. Its MUCH MUCH more then that.

that being said, eventually, i would like to release this product. It is awesome.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Steve, all your products are great, and I don't feel over priced at all. It's hard to get a company off the ground and it's super hard to get a car audio company off the ground. You earn my respect for even trying, but I know you'll make it the products are just too good not to.

Man I got excited when I saw you posted, Steve, thought it was going to be good news

Anyways my wife just bought I new car, so I guess I'm off the Audio Control. Thanks for replying, Steve

Edited by poorfish88
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a suggestion for me on a good non distorting highlow adapter?
Tried my two different brands with DD-1 and they distorted right when i just touched the potentiometers :)
One was Rockford fosgate and the other one was a crappy Autoleads.

• 1 year later...

Id love to see a low budget build ive been watching your videos for a while and have been subscribed a while id like to see what you can do for a say 1k dollars how hard of a system can be built for a grand. Would you go with a big single or 2 to 3 smaller speakers just something of interest to me could you be competitive on a low budget

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Holy dead post Batman! I just read the whole damn thing. I got excited about the line driver. Now I want one. Then I saw how old it was. Crap! Any updates?

Edited by ShadeTreeMechanic

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Holy dead post Batman! I just read the whole damn thing. I got excited about the line driver. Now I want one. Then I saw how old it was. Crap! Any updates?

He straight up bumped a 4 year old thread then continued to go on about something that is not even related to this thread. LOL

Prototype HLC-2, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

But they wont be made anytime soon if ever at all.

The price to build and the price to sell them for is fairly high I guess, to the point that most would not buy them when they can get a generic Schoche brand one that is already distorting with low to no signal being played.

Its a saturated market for generic High to Low converters, and those that are actually willing to spend money would usually go the processor route, unless they where just wanting a signal channel for a subwoofer.

14449361_1154511051268729_82196096912615

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Maybe it could be a DIY kit. Just sell the components and board. Solider skills required.
I like the idea of it being active.

Edited by ShadeTreeMechanic
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)