The SMD HLC-2 Line Output Converter (proto pics inside)

Or maybe just sell the board with a list of the components needed. Just an idea.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Maybe you could just give us a pic of the other side of the board :P

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

sorry, no new news. This would be hands down the best HLC on the market......but the cost to make one of these is so high, they might be hard to sell. The problem with being a small company is, we only make these products 100, sometimes 200 at a time. That doesn't make for a cheap product. If i had the money to order 100,000 of them, i could keep the price reasonable.

All these new products we are coming out with are cool but everything costs so much money to produce, it is depressing. Then if it finally does get released, people complain about the prices while CERTAINLY none of us are getting rich here. Just barely keeping it afloat. The products don't just fall out of the sky. We have to basically break ourselves every time we make something. Perfect example. The VU-Din. Those things are an arm and a leg to produce which means the price i have to sell them for is not exactly cheap. Then it takes a year to sell 100 of them. They have been sold out for a while and i want to bring them back but i can't afford to drop almost 10 grand and wait a year to make it back. A lot of people in this thread SAY they want the product but i can almost bet the house that if it came out right now, i would sell just a few and then one or two every few weeks. When you got thousands invested, that doesn't cut it.

I guess i could apply for a loan and get some of this stuff produced but then i get to OWE the bank $20-30,000...and then wait who knows how long to get it back. Right now, we (SMD and D'Amore) have done this with no loans, no help from anyone. It is hard. Remember guys, the cost of these products are not just the sum of the materials and parts they are made of. I can name at least 10 things that cost money to do this that ISN'T circuit boards, resistors a plastic case and some wire. Its MUCH MUCH more then that.

that being said, eventually, i would like to release this product. It is awesome.

Just wondering what is the expensive part of this? Cutting the custom PCB?

1349713160_rte.png

I would guess that the time to engineer and test the design would cost a bundle. Then the labor to assemble and quality check if it was made in the us would be next. Then the parts depending on the quantity. The board might be the most expensive of the hard parts as there might need to be several revisions and tons of testing to make a satisfactory unit. We see the prototype and assume it works as expected. All of the costs they have incurred to this point would need to be rolled into the price of a bare board in order for it to make sense business wise. I would be afraid to ask what they have spent to get it this far. As far as good old fashioned American ingenuity goes, they are an inspiration. My hats off to Steve and Tony in all of their endeavors.

Edited by ShadeTreeMechanic
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, norman said:

Nice looking product. Where can I purchase one?

You cant, they never went in to production 

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.