Sundown Audio

Sundown SA-6.5CS Pre-Order !!!

As with any pre-order delivery times are an ETA (estimated time of arrival) and are not a guarantee of the delivery date. DO NOT ORDER if you are not okay with possible delays on the delivery.

That being said the ETA is middle of November 2012 on these.

----------

Pre-Order Price : $155

Regular Price : $199

Pricing is shipped in continental 48 states. Contact us for a SH quote to AK or HI. !!! THIS IS FOR USA ONLY !!!

To order get in touch with your favorite local or online dealer or send a Paypal in to us at [email protected]

YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. If these are both not included your payment will be refunded.

----------

SA-6.5CS_Mids.jpg

* Mids ready with frames and shims for assembly

SA-6.5CS_Mids2.jpg

* Chromed back plate with logo etched in

SA-6.5CS_Mids3.jpg

* Going down the line

SA-6.5CS_Box_1.jpg

* Back of box has mid and tweeter measurements, response graphs, and midrange T/S specs

SA-6.5CS_Box_2.jpg

* Front of box has feature highlights (yes I know I have an error on there -- too late to catch it!)

SA-6.5CS_Tweets.jpg

* Tweeters ready to roll

----------

Dimensions :

Dimensions.jpg

----------

I will have some more pictures coming up soon as well as everything completely wraps up at the factory; currently just awaiting final packing and pick-up by my freight company.

----------

The 60-watts PER SIDE rating is designed around 8-hours continuous testing at 20-20,000 Hz with the entire set connected (mid, tweeter, and crossover) -- with any smart usage of an HPF filter the power handling goes up quite a bit.

Keep in mind that a power rating is only as good as the conditions it was made under :

It takes 4x the excursion for each octave DOWN in response to maintain the same output level -- so assuming a brick wall HPF at 40 hz that is 4x less excursion right there than our rated power level smile.gif With a decent x-over anywhere from 50-80 Hz you are on track to run significantly more power. I run two channels of a 200.4 on my set crossed at 50 Hz @ 24 dB -- any sane level of listening is just fine. Most folks will likely be crossing over @ 80 Hz and 100+ watts per side is no issue at all for *almost* any user.

Also note MOST ratings you see on components are BOTH sides combined. I don't feel like that is an honest way to rate a set at all so I've done it differently. I also do not want to confuse everyone with an "official" conditional rating of "100-watts... well if you use X crossover at X dB per octave" -- so an absolutely worst case rating has been applied.

Edited by sundownz
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

nice, im going order a pair for my a-pillars

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

those things are looking NICE!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

why must you spend my money so well?!?!?!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

wow. pretty :) almost makes me wish I didn't spend money on what I have, not that I don't love what I have, but these are SO pretty!

too bad inverting doesn't work so well with mids :(

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Can we purchase just mids? Don't need tweeters or crossovers...

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

How would you compare these to the SQ components you're working on? I'm interested in these but interested in the SQ set as well.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg