•    

Nao

ss xxx 18 help for 150db

I want have a soundstream xxx 18, but having some issues i need some help i wanna get the most out of it, so far i have a max of 7.5cuft in a trunk im building the box in the trunk with aero ports for less displacements and have a crescendo BC 5500. I want you help me get the maximize my subs potential do you think i can get 150 + out of it if so some options on how im open to suggestions.

no i dont see a 150

well hopefully i'll get close

no i dont see a 150

Whats the best you think i can do for this setup

Is it going to be front facing or rear facing? 150 db out of a trunk is hard but not impossible. Im pretty sure with a good box you can exceed 145 pretty easy. I can hit 145 in my trunk and the car is 100% stock and I have just 1 12" woofer on 1000 watts.

How much power will that amp put out?

Check out some videos of our 150+ trunk car here. You can see some of the box in a couple of the videos. Front firing will be your only hope of 150+ probably.

http://www.youtube.com/user/itsgordy1/videos?view=0

It's possible but it's going to take a lot of planning, tuning, testing, testing, and more testing.

Is it going to be front facing or rear facing? 150 db out of a trunk is hard but not impossible. Im pretty sure with a good box you can exceed 145 pretty easy. I can hit 145 in my trunk and the car is 100% stock and I have just 1 12" woofer on 1000 watts.

How much power will that amp put out?

Check out some videos of our 150+ trunk car here. You can see some of the box in a couple of the videos. Front firing will be your only hope of 150+ probably.

http://www.youtube.c...1/videos?view=0

Yeah sub and port firing forward

Does any one have any suggestions on how to achieve this i really could use some

have a big audio fund!! throw power on power. like 6k you are very borderline with the crescendo 5500. and have an alt and reserves and test boxes on boxes. then deadnen seal off or maybe see if its louder not sealed. just test like crazy. OFC wire good quality products then just maybe, not guaranteed you will do 150

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
    • By decibel2679
      Redoing my Corolla for the new year. I normally do a ported box around 5 cubes that can go in and out of the trunk when needed but this time I decided to build in the car and to the car. as you can see in the pictures Im doing a trunk build and Im going to seal off the trunk from the cabin. it will take time to finish since I have a busy work schedule right now but I have to be complete by the 18th of Feb so I can attend Freezefest in TN. Any comments or suggestions are welcome understanding I won't be making big changes. its either going to work or its not.

1 18 inch fi SP4 18
      1 B2 audio SLD5k
      2/0 wiring
      xs 3400 under the hood
      northstar 220 in the trunk
      mechman H/O alt
      big 3 done with 2/0
      kenwood HU until I get my new alpine. Im getting the UTE 62bt when I have the chance to hit up Best Buy..
      stay tuned!!
    • By Joe f
      I'm looking at building my first 4th order for a sundown zv4 rev2 15"d2. I have experience building custom boxes but have never built a bandpass. I'm not sure on what ratio to go with. I like lows but would really like something musical. It's going in a extended cab f150 powered by a shark [email protected] Could someone tell me how many cubes for the sealed and ported side and how many sqin my port should be and what's the best to tune it at? Any info is greatly appreciated!
    • By Jonathan Mills
      Hello all I tried to find this question already asked which I am sure it has been but don't spend a lot of time on the forum and for some reason find it really complicated to search for stuff.
      My equipment Dc Audio level 6 18 m4, Sundown Audio Scv7500.
      Question #1 What is a good setting for my low pass crossover?
      Question #2 My old amp is a Scv3000 it suffered water damage several mosfets were destroyed in the event. Would sundown be the best place to send it for repair?
      I stepped up quite a notch from the 3000 to the 7500 but its bad ass! Love the woofer I have had them all seems like and before reconing this one it was the M2 series which lasted longer than anything I have ever had. I reconned it maybe 2 months ago I probably would have never blown it but my 3000 watt amp was clipping like fu. I purchased a cheap pos oscilliscope for $60 off amazon after the recone and found out my amp was clipping by the time I turned it up to 10 on my deck. This is the reason I purchased the 7500 so my now M4 woofer could enjoy clean power.

Thanks for your time I appreciate anybody answering this question one more time.
    • By kryptonite
      Alright so finally got around to "finishing" a build in one of my vehicles haha. I say "finishing" because it's as close to done without having the new alternator or battery racks built but it's sooo close lol. "Fighter Jet" reasoning will be shown through pictures, hopefully you get the meaning haha. Here are the stats:

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD
      Pioneer 80PRS
      Custom switch/gauge panel
      SHCA RCAs, fuse holders, ring terminals, heat shrink
      SHCA Green and Black 1/0
      DC AUDIO 5K DC AUDIO 10k
      4- Soundqubed HDC3 10s 4 - 18" DC Audio Lvl 6 18s, full Carbon fiber option
      XSPOWER Batteries
      SINGER ALTERNATORS
      Anyone want to see some pictures?
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 145 Guests (See full list)

•