1988 Cavalier,widebody build,one piece flip ip front clip...a long drawn out build...

I had a few of these pix up already....but i took them down,till i got my ducks in a row..... :)

Well Ive been thinking about.........buying or building a bodykit for my Cavalier.....for quite some time now....and i finally decided to start building....(or try to anyway)

I want my kit to be 2"lower than the Stock Z24 kit.So i began by:building a little Platform which set me 2"lower

Posted Image

Posted Image

you can see the rear battery box,hanging below the trunk.Inside it are 2 G-31 Workahaulics....

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

center up the platform,and trace the boxes on the floor. in case they were to get bumped...and move a bit....

(the boxes are secured to the platform)

Posted Image

My fat ass,rolling some thick cardboard...

Posted Image

which i will use later

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Ok the white beade foam.....is only 3/4" thick,,,,,i used it because it was free.....(being thrown away at work)

So i glued it together in layers....with woodglue

Im going to bring the fenders out 1" so you can see in the wheelwell......... where the rolled cardboard is used.....(first attempt at the wheelwells)....

Posted Image

Posted Image

however,after getting it all shaped up....(and actually getting a layer of glass on the right rear fender flare)....I didnt like the shape of the fender arch.....so I ripped it all off.And started over....

I ripped down some blocks to 1.5"X1.5"...................

taped off the tires,,,,,let air out of the tires....till the surface was semi-flat..........and glued these blocks to the taped up tires.....

Posted Image

you can see here......how much of a gap...i will be closing up...

Posted Image

Drawing and cutting down some beaded foam.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now building off of here.....Ill have a nice even line.....between tire and fender....all the way around....

Posted Image

Ok...now blast it with some GREAT STUFF expanding foam..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a little carving done on the drivers side...

Posted Image

here you can see how much the fender is filled in...

Posted Image

some sanding.....with 36 and 60 grit..

Posted Image

the red line is where sheetmetel ends...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now....I have the drivers side of the center line...pretty much shaped up.....I layed out 1"measurements from center----outward..and transferred measurements from the left side to the right side............to sand the foam to shape...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats all i got ,,,for now,let me know what you guys think..........so far...

:o your crazy bro, i would never ever think of trying this... but here comes Timmy making shit look all easy and everything lol. Liking the shape so far, looks like its really going to add to the car. Keep up the good work!

:o your crazy bro, i would never ever think of trying this... but here comes Timmy making shit look all easy and everything lol. Liking the shape so far, looks like its really going to add to the car. Keep up the good work!

Thank you sir..... :)

Man, that is gonna be super slick. Is it gonna be a wide body kit? You do awesome work so I have no doubt this will be a show stopper. P.S. You need to paint that ride Flat Black. I know the paint.

Archived