DJ Ground Pounding System

Hey everyone I wanted to ask your advice.

I been the car audio scene for many years had window smashing bass RE XXX 18”s FI BTL 18”’s and currently doing a full custom 2 door Tahoe with 4 18” SMD’s with a stock floor body drop on 24”s

Here is what I wanted the advice on.

I am a DJ/ producer does everything from weddings to corporate events to raves and major EDM events. Some need hard hitting bass and I listen to the sound these locations have and am like WOW seriously my truck hits way harder than this.

Yes I know diversity and not everyone wants hard hitting bass yes I agree but here is what I am getting at even the TOP name brands like right now QSC has the KW series love them great sound but still don’t hit as hard as the Cerwin Vegas 18” subs they no longer make.

Here are the specs of the KW Here is link for video and other info below… I found a company that is trying to convince those to replace the stock speakers with their hyped up speakers they have more wattage but looks like an old school rca speaker with small mag lol http://www.eminence.com/ they also do custom work and do car audio they claim I never heard them so I don’t want to knock anything but by looks unsure but ya never know…

http://www.qscaudio....cifications.php

Does anyone think it would be worth it to build a ground pounding system that is able to throw the sound the distance and not break my back in the process that would woop the KW’s

Series

SPECIFICATIONS

KW122

KW152

KW153

Configuration

12" 2-way multipurpose

15" 2-way trapezoidal

15" 3-way trapezoidal

Transducers

Low-frequency

Mid-frequency

High-frequency

12" cone transducer

-

1.75" diaphragm compression driver

15" cone transducer

-

15" cone transducer

6.5" mid range cone transducer

Frequency Response (-6 dB)

53 Hz - 18 kHz

47 Hz - 18 kHz

35 Hz - 18 kHz

Frequency Range (-10 dB)

50 Hz - 20 kHz

44 Hz - 20 kHz

33 Hz - 20 kHz

Nominal Coverage (-6 dB)

75° axisymmetric

60° axisymmetric

75° axisymmetric

Maximum SPL1

131 dB peak

133 dB peak

134 dB peak

Amplifier

Power Output2

1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous

2000 W peak

1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W MF/HF) continuous

2000 W peak

Input Impedance (ohms)

Channel A XLR / ¼":

Mic gain setting

Balanced

Unbalanced

0 dB

+12 dB

+24 dB

+36 dB

660 ohms

330 ohms

Channel B XLR / ¼": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced

Channel B RCA: 10k

Controls

Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP™), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)

Indicators

Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)

Connectors

Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector

Cooling

On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan

Amplifier Protection

Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™

Transducer Protection

Thermal limiting, excursion limiting

AC Power Input

Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz

AC Power Consumption

(1/8 Power)

100 VAC, 2.3 A

120 VAC, 2.01 A

230 VAC, 1.13 A

Enclosure

Material

15 mm painted birch plywood

Finish

Black textured paint

Grille

Black powder coated 16 gauge steel

Dimensions (HWD)

26" x 15" x 15.4"

660 mm x 381 mm x 391 mm

32.1" x 17.5" x 15.2"

816 mm x 445 mm x 386 mm

43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8"

1094 mm x 470 mm x 427 mm

Weight (Net)

49 lb (22.2 kg)

64 lb (29 kg)

87 lb (39.5 kg)

Available Accessories

KW SUS KIT 122, KW122 COVER, KW M10 KIT

KW152 COVER, KW M10 KIT

KW153 COVER, KW M10 KIT

KW Series

SPECIFICATIONS

KW181

Configuration

18" subwoofer

Transducer

18" cone transducer

Frequency Response (-6 dB)

38 Hz - 124 Hz

Frequency Range (-10 dB)

34 Hz - 143 Hz

Maximum SPL1

135 dB peak

Amplifiers

Power Output2

1000 W Class D continuous

2000 W peak

Input Impedance (ohms)

XLR / ¼": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced

Controls

Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP™), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)

Indicators

Power, Signal, Standby, Limit

Connectors

Dual balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector

Cooling

On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan

Amplifier Protection

Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™

Transducer Protection

Thermal limiting, excursion limiting

AC Power Input

Universal power supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz

AC Power Consumption

(1/8 Power)

100 VAC, 2.3 A

120 VAC, 2.01 A

230 VAC, 1.13 A

Enclosure

Material

15 mm painted birch plywood

Finish

Black textured paint

Grille

Rugged Powder-Coated Steel Grille

Dimensions (HWD)

20.1" x 23.4" x 29.9" with casters

510 mm x 595 mm x 761 mm with casters

Weight (Net)

88 lb (40 kg)

Available Accessories

KW181 COVER

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

depends how much $$ you got. the qsc stuff is very nice and will get loud. How big of events are you doing/wanting to do. But I dont think you will be able to make some that will be as light and preform just as well. What qsc boxes are you looking at? I know iceman on here is in the works of getting 4 181's and 2 153's per side with a bunch of monitors.

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

depends how much $$ you got. the qsc stuff is very nice and will get loud. How big of events are you doing/wanting to do. But I dont think you will be able to make some that will be as light and preform just as well. What qsc boxes are you looking at? I know iceman on here is in the works of getting 4 181's and 2 153's per side with a bunch of monitors.

Try 4 KW153's and 8 KW181's (and it's only 6 monitors, plus my EV's) lol.

But as he said, as far as consumer equipment goes, QSC's K series tops and KW series tops and subs are excellent quality. I have heard of a couple DJ's using subs from JTR Audio (namely the Growler subs and the like) for a lot of low end bass. But as far as "buy now, get in 3 days" type gear, for powered gear, the QSC KW is well known in the wedding DJ world, and also has a 6 year no questions asked warranty. Anything more than that is going to be passive, and there are a ton of options (the JBL SRX series comes to mind, one of the most well known audio setups)

But in the world of powered sub-100lb speakers, the QSC KW series is hard to beat. Hit me up, I'll get you hooked up with a dealer in California, he's cutting me a GREAT deal on my system, and it's always nice to help out local businesses.

POTATO!

But as he said, as far as consumer equipment goes, QSC's K series tops and KW series tops and subs are excellent quality. I have heard of a couple DJ's using subs from JTR Audio (namely the Growler subs and the like) for a lot of low end bass. But as far as "buy now, get in 3 days" type gear, for powered gear, the QSC KW is well known in the wedding DJ world, and also has a 6 year no questions asked warranty. Anything more than that is going to be passive, and there are a ton of options (the JBL SRX series comes to mind, one of the most well known audio setups)

But in the world of powered sub-100lb speakers, the QSC KW series is hard to beat. Hit me up, I'll get you hooked up with a dealer in California, he's cutting me a GREAT deal on my system, and it's always nice to help out local businesses.

my bad :P Im not a big fan of JBL active gear. But there is something to say about an old dirty jbl passive pa! hah

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

QSC makes great amps. possible the best alongside Crown. higher powered amps get expensive, so many amps would probly be your best bet to avoid paying thousands for more power. you won't get the cabin gain and the pressurization of a car enviroment, but i know for a fact car subwoofers can get loud outdoors and sound good doing so.

my bad :P Im not a big fan of JBL active gear. But there is something to say about an old dirty jbl passive pa! hah

I won't purchase anything new from JBL. The SRX would be the only thing I would think of buying for "rider-ready" purposes. As far as JBL's actives go I won't touch them. They look great, but I need more than a doormat holder.

POTATO!

I won't purchase anything new from JBL. The SRX would be the only thing I would think of buying for "rider-ready" purposes. As far as JBL's actives go I won't touch them. They look great, but I need more than a doormat holder.

im fully with you on that one!!

Archived