Questions & concerns

If anyone has any questions or needs advice I'll do my best to answer them. If I don't know I know Steve & Ray! :)

Jon Webb

Performance Audio Las Vegas

7035 W. Sahara Ave STE 200

www.performanceaudiolvnv.com

Mobile Electronics Mag 2010-2011

Installer of the Year

Mobile Electronics Mag 2011-2012

Top 100 Installers

Ray may be one the best enclosure designers around. He does them in his head. What's your question? Bare with me if it takes a bit to respond.

Jon Webb

Installer of the Year

Top 100 Installers

I got a question. Being an installer, where would be the first few things you'd look at/for if someone came to you saying they had an LED strip inside their car that didn't work? Have 4 strips total, only 1 doesn't work. That's as much information as I can really provide, as I don't know what brand or whatnot. Just looking for what generally you'd look for/at. And if it's not obvious, I didn't install them. Had them installed. (Can't go back to the shop who did it as they're 2k miles away)

And I know I never said welcome... so Jon, welcome to the forums. I know you've been here for a few weeks, hope it's been enjoyable so far. I know you'll make more than a great addition to the forums.

Sheena = pedobear

@Wastedtalent. A few things come to mind. Do you have a meter? The LED strip that's not working. Is it on or near anything that moves? Obviously I'd check for power at the strip. If it has power going to the strip I'd look closely at the strip & make sure all connections are soldered to the strip & none have worked loose or touching one another. All else it could be a bad strip. I've had sections go bad with some brands that customers bought off Ebay super cheap. If you can test it & lemme know I'll try to help.

Jon Webb

Installer of the Year

Top 100 Installers

@Wastedtalent. A few things come to mind. Do you have a meter? The LED strip that's not working. Is it on or near anything that moves? Obviously I'd check for power at the strip. If it has power going to the strip I'd look closely at the strip & make sure all connections are soldered to the strip & none have worked loose or touching one another. All else it could be a bad strip. I've had sections go bad with some brands that customers bought off Ebay super cheap. If you can test it & lemme know I'll try to help.

What type of meter? I only have a DMM. So not sure if that's the type of meter you're referring to (I'm sort've a noob to car audio/electrical so be patient haha). It's at the bottom of the dash that's right below the steering column. So doesn't really move. As today I was busy, I'll try to get around to it tomorrow to see what's going on. See if I can find anything.

Sheena = pedobear