most watts from 50 amp fuse

I let some one wire my stuff it has 4 gauge power to a block then 8 gauge to scar and 8 gauge

to highs amp

fix. it. now.

0 gauge from battery to distro block, then 0 gauge from d block to the skar (not scar), then whatever gauge you need to the highs amp.

8 gauge? i almost didn't believe you for a second. that is absolutely absurd. fix it right the FUCK now.

edit: you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the biggest wire that you can fit in the power and ground terminals.

Another good question, what load are you running on the amp (verified with a DMM)?

Two sundown sa 12 dual 4 ddm @ 2.2 each

So you have all four coils paralleled for a total 1ohm load at the amp?

You sure you don't have any series'd for a higher load?

Might explain why the amp isn't drawing more power.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I let some one wire my stuff it has 4 gauge power to a block then 8 gauge to scar and 8 gauge

to highs amp

fix. it. now.

0 gauge from battery to distro block, then 0 gauge from d block to the skar (not scar), then whatever gauge you need to the highs amp.

8 gauge? i almost didn't believe you for a second. that is absolutely absurd. fix it right the FUCK now.

edit: you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the biggest wire that you can fit in the power and ground terminals.

if anything you get reducers to fit bigger wires in the terminals but 8 guage? that isnt even a 4th of the wire you need. the only thing the 8 gauge wire should be used for is going from the speaker outputs on the amp to the subs. what size speaker wire are you using anyways? 18gauge home stereo wiring?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Can I just get one of those eBay 0 gauge wiring kits or are they b.s. I know it's skar but phone keeps auto correcting me

no, go to the forsale section here and look for someone selling some wiring or a system part out sale. can always find good deals in the forsale section of this forum.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i wouldn't trust ebay kits at all.

if you want a reputable kit, look at

http://audiotechnix.com/products/amplifier-installation-kit/10-ga-amplifier-installation-kit i recommend the OFC wiring kit

or you can also look at http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=IXOS-PK0

other wire brands to look at would be stinger ofc, rockford fosgate, kicker.

there's a pre order for 50' of shok cca 1/0 on caco for $50 shipped which is cheap as hell, everyone here talks down on cca but it would be plenty for a skar 1500 and leave you plenty left over for the big 3. Im honestly surprised the 8ga hasn't burned up yet.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

im just gonna assume the subs are wired with home stereo 18gauge wiring and he has massive box rise and voltage drop that is keeping the amp from performing even up to 30% of what it can do.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived