That makes sense.

But what could be the reason for the .5db increase with the lower input voltage and gained to match vs the higher input voltage? Also an extra 1500w. Clamped 8500 before(6Vac input), then clamped 10000w after(.35Vac input).

im assuming the .5db increase came from the stronger signal bc it produced a cleaner signal and distorted later than the .35V signal which picked up some alt wine or distortion

therefor the amp could be turned up more without distortion bc of the especially strong clean signal

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

That makes sense.

But what could be the reason for the .5db increase with the lower input voltage and gained to match vs the higher input voltage? Also an extra 1500w. Clamped 8500 before(6Vac input), then clamped 10000w after(.35Vac input).

im assuming the .5db increase came from the stronger signal bc it produced a cleaner signal and distorted later than the .35V signal which picked up some alt wine or distortion

therefor the amp could be turned up more without distortion bc of the especially strong clean signal

no, he is saying that the lower input voltage was .5db higher.

my guess is that the amp isnt able to produce as clean of a signal with the higher voltage because the gain cant adjust for it 100% like it can for the lower voltage.

the little bit of distortion from the amp gain setting not being able to adjust correctly for the higher input voltage is what is causing the spl to go down .5db from my understanding.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

That makes sense.

no, he is saying that the lower input voltage was .5db higher.

my guess is that the amp isnt able to produce as clean of a signal with the higher voltage because the gain cant adjust for it 100% like it can for the lower voltage.

the little bit of distortion from the amp gain setting not being able to adjust correctly for the higher input voltage is what is causing the spl to go down .5db from my understanding.

Lol yea that's what I meant I got turned around.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

so in the end if you have a cd player with a 6 volt preout and a cd player with a 4 volt pre out and the amp can be set to 50volts with out clipping and has an internal gain of 10 volts the cd player with the 4 volt pre out would be able to allow you to push you equipment to its max with out clipping while the cd player with the 6 volt preout would create more clipping and only hurt the output and sound quality of the system.

I noticed this personaly on my own ride. I have Chrysler 300 with the stock HU that has a Rockford BLD (3Sixty Line Driver) for the added sub stage . My sub stage is a fully upgraded single 10" DC XL m2 running off a DC 2.0k. The line driver has 2 modes Balanced and Unbalanaced. In Balanced mode it produces 22 Vrms and 11 Vrms in Unbalanced mode. When setting my gains (line driver hace a gain as well) with the DD-1 , I noticed that in balanced mode I get full time distortion on 0db 40hz track. But in balanced mode I can addjust the gains slightly (if at all).

Also when I set the amp if I use the -5bdb track on Unbalanced mode I'll get full time distortion decteted on my DD-1.

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

There are far too many things to consider when answering this question. After extensive experience with many amplifiers I can say that some are just weird, some amps really shine with certain considerations such as impedance, input voltage, power supply input voltage, etc changed to their liking. Amps are finicky like RAM. Interested to see what Tony has to say but that's my 2 cents.

I'm gonna hate

There are far too many things to consider when answering this question. After extensive experience with many amplifiers I can say that some are just weird, some amps really shine with certain considerations such as impedance, input voltage, power supply input voltage, etc changed to their liking. Amps are finicky like RAM. Interested to see what Tony has to say but that's my 2 cents.

ive got to agree with this one. even if you have 2 have the exact same amps there could be very slight differences inside the 2 amps that will make the 2 of them react differently to the same rca input voltage and power input.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ive got to agree with this one. even if you have 2 have the exact same amps there could be very slight differences inside the 2 amps that will make the 2 of them react differently to the same rca input voltage and power input.

Certainly between different amps, everyone has had that "golden amp" they hated to get rid of because it was just so good for it's rating.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I'm gonna hate

Certainly between different amps, everyone has had that "golden amp" they hated to get rid of because it was just so good for it's rating.

had a t300.2 the one that looks like the t2000.1 but smaller. put out almost 1000watts. then there is my 1500.1bdcp does 1950 at 1ohm according to the birthsheet.

ive been lucky so far

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

CJ, you've Peaked my interest here.

Is It unreasonable to think there's head unit voltage drop?

AC voltage output X amplifier internal gain.

Scenario 1: .35VAC x 10

Scenario 2: 10VAC x .35

Assuming amplifier internal gain is a constant, voltage drop at the headunit is going to change which scenario more?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1