Second Skin Audio

Suggestions for 1500-2500 RMS 15" Bass Boxing Music Subwoofers

SCS_Audio

Looking to put together a 2 15" trunk system and need to compile a list of subs to pick between. I am looking for around 2000 RMS handling, 3-4 K burps, and some good X-max (30mm ish+). It will be used for music, bass boxing, and SPL with the emphasis on being able to play below 40 Hz at high volumes for extended periods.

Not looking for a sub vs thread, just wanting some suggestions that would fall into the group below that I have not yet though of.

Price is not a major concern but I believe all the ones I have found so far are in the same range so lets stick with that. I would be interested in used ones if you have anything similar.

Thanks!!

Short List To Consider

Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 15

FI Audio SP4 15

DC Audio XLm2 15

PSI Platform 3 15

Audioque SoundQubed HDC4 15

Slightly smaller budget and power handling group.

American Bass HD 15

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

from what i have seen, you have a pretty solid list. Havent seen any platform 3s around though. could probably add the HDC4 in there if you run closer to 2500, would be the only one with a 4in coil which will help with cooling/ 30sec runs

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Added to the list. Thanks!

Almost thought I remembered seeing some for sale in the classifieds..... but when I looked they were the HDC3 : (

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

What about the sundown nightshades or Z's?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Vs or comparsionthread´s get closed on SMD. I guess you the SP 4. If you have enough courage get a AA SMD and underpowering him in a bigger box

than threw the specs. I can link you threw the thread about the review from caraudiomag.com about the SMD, sorrily i cant open the link to the review.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91002-aasmd-woofer-reviewed-by-cae-and-vance-dickason/.

In this review they underpower the SMD incase they had to less :morepower1: , they reviewed him underpowered still as an amzing sounding sub.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

What about the sundown nightshades or Z's?

Cant seem to get any X-max specs on those subs....

The Nightshade seems on par with the rest, but is also around $100 more retail. The Z is on par price wise but not sure how it compares to the rest of the group. Will have to do some more research.

As far as the AA SMD sub, I just think its more sub than I need for this build. It looks like a great sub though!!

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Almost forgot 2 things.....

Not many of these 15's come in a dual 4 coil. I would love to find one in a D4 so I can wire down to 1 ohm on a large amp or possibly strap to 0.5 ohms. I do not want to run lower than 0.5 ohms on this setup.

Subs made in the USA get bonus points while I am making my decision!! I believe that is the SSA, FI, DC, and PSI so far. Am I correct?

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

• 1 year later...

Anyone have the dc xl m2 18inch subwoofer subsonic frequency setting that's recommended I have a 12 cube ported box that has the subs facing up and port facing up. Both subs share the chamber so there is no split in the box to separate each chamber. I clipped two subs both on the right side but since then I have lowered the gain to 1/4 and the bass boost on my carbon 2200.1 amp to 1/4 bass boost.. Each 18 inch dc xlm2 has its own amp 2200.1 so one ohm amp on each dual 2 ohm sub.. Any help will be much appreciated.. Thx guys... Oh and I have a audio control dqxs bass setting at 30 hz and 2db boost on it also. My eq is audio control 3.2 line driver.

Keep calm and carry on

Archived