Video Build Log - Fi BL - Rockford Fosgate - Focal - KnuKonceptz - Tips & Tricks!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work definitley,,, enjoying them videos... a shitload of good pointers when using routers.. I wonder, when u do the triangular pieces, and wanted to "expand" to the perfect female version you are using body filler. I see no reason why you couldn't expand using the rabbiting (uhh, sry english ^^ ) routerbit as with the other works? I see there are moments where the body filling/foam tape trick is nice, but don't see why it was the easiest/best way in that particular situation. Good work bro!

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

i only watched a couple vids, but they had some nice tips in em. i'm bookmarking this page to come back to

Cool, I hope that you enjoy!

Great work definitley,,, enjoying them videos... a shitload of good pointers when using routers.. I wonder, when u do the triangular pieces, and wanted to "expand" to the perfect female version you are using body filler. I see no reason why you couldn't expand using the rabbiting (uhh, sry english ^^ ) routerbit as with the other works? I see there are moments where the body filling/foam tape trick is nice, but don't see why it was the easiest/best way in that particular situation. Good work bro!

Different methods, it kind of depends on the shape and how well I think it will "expand"

Thanks for the comments guys!

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

• 2 weeks later...

So, I haven't posted in a little bit due to the Holidays and traveling. But I'm back and ready to get down to business. Been learning Adobe Premiere so expect my videos to become better, also ordered a wireless mic, so I cant wait to improve the sound quality in my videos! Anyhow heres a quick update:

I ran the power wires, signal wires, and the speaker wire. I am bypassing everything factory. I color coded everything with the techflex. I must say I love working with this stuff. Really cleans up an install in my opinion. Obviously its more of a "looks" thing that can't even be seen, but I like how clean it makes the install.

Running the wiring:

DSC_8508.jpg

Power wire bundled:

DSC_8517.jpg

Signal and Speaker wiring, I tied em down, but after I took this picture (Also the previous owner must have put that sound deadening there! Kinda funny!):

DSC_8518.jpg

More bundles:

DSC_8519.jpg

My lady insisted on taking the pics, I like this one!

DSC_8547.jpg

Let me know what you think, happy new years!

-Mark

Forum.png

Looks good. I know what you mean with having clean wires. Messing wiring drives me nuts!!

Messy wiring is the worst!

-Mark

Forum.png

Here is the latest! As you can see I know have my panel wrapped with vinyl and the insert wrapped with suede! In this video I will show the technique I use to achieve this. You have to check it out and let me know what you think!

DSC_8831-2.jpg

-Mark

Forum.png

Archived