Second Skin Audio

Rattle in my p2's. what gives?

Jessica

So i was testing out my Fosgate p2-8's, i just hooked them to a small amp and ran them free air with some music. They have a litttle bit of rattle on certain frequencies that sounds a lot like coil rub. One thing i noticed is these have super stiff suspension.

I checked all the coils with my dimm and they read 3.8ohm d.c. they are d4 coils

I put my ear to the vented part on the magnet and i don't hear any rattle from there, the tinsel leads are in between the spiders so i cant see anything wrong there, the spiders look fine, the speakers smell brand new and i don't feel any rub when i move them by hand.

It also seems like maybe it's going away a bit.I tried to push them a bit since i was just testing at low volume.

So, what gives, could it be the basket or something? I can put up a video if you want but it will take a minute.

What are the subs on? Sometimes they will rattle and jump around if they are on a solid surface. Pick it up and hold it while you free air and see if it still does it

What are the subs on? Sometimes they will rattle and jump around if they are on a solid surface. Pick it up and hold it while you free air and see if it still does it

It does it in my hand too, i have a video uploading

its the spider's i had some subs do the same exact thing check um out

What am i looking for exactly?

ok ok ok, i am an idiot. lol i figured it out, it's just the push connectors for the speaker wires. I only had one coil hooked up and the others where vibrating. /facepalm.

Archived