Sonic Electronix

OK, I know this will sound strange but I just built a box for my radio in my car so I would not have to take apart the dash. The only problem is when I hook an amp to my speakers and my car is running, they make a really high pitch buzzing sound. When I give my car gas the buzzing gets louder. I can still hear my music but there is still the buzz. Could the RCA jacks in the radio be bad? I've changed my cables with 3 different ones and they all do the same thing. This makes no sense to me. I had the radio hooked up the exact way in my brothers car and there was no problem. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My deck did the same thing, its a grounding issue somewhere, for mine all I did was ground the RCAs into the radio grounds, I did this a few years back and I haven't had any problems with this solution, I'm not sure if its recommended but it worked for me.

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

no it is a kenwood. The only thing i found to do is ground the rca jacks at the headunit should i do this or ground the cables elsewhere the radio is on its own ground so im pretty sure it isn't the radio. could my amp ground cause this too? should i try to ground the RCAs at the headunit first?

Archived