CE Auto Electric Supply

1. i added a ground to the batt : I saw a real gain in voltage.
  2. And I ran a wire from engine block (I could not reach the alt without removing lots of things !) to batt negative. When I put this ground I could definitely see a gain in my voltage !!! It was better than when I had it from engine block to chassis.

I never ran any wire from alt positive to batt positive (I need a mechanic for that) :(

Maybe I did something bad, but I have no dimming light, and my voltage is stable. I loose voltage only when I turn on the A/C.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

IIRC the older engines required braided cable to be attatched tot the engine block enable for to even start.

edit: lol has this post idle for awhile buncha ninjas above me

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

I have another simple question: Is the ground from the alternator, to the block, to the frame, combined with the stock wiring, as good or better than 1/0 directly to the alternator?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I think i did my big 3 wrong. I ran a ground from alt bracket to a strut tower, which is on the drivers side. I ran a ground from batt(passenger side) to strut tower(passenger side) then a wire from alt pos to batt pos. Seemed to help. but my factory wires are crap.

edit spelling

Edited by strangeduck

So my understanding is:

Charge: Alt to battery

Return: Battery to chassis.

Return Battery to Alt case. (the block in general terms)

The reason being, some cars have a weak grounding strap from the chassis to the engine. Which we all know, sits on rubber isolation supports.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)