CE Auto Electric Supply

awwwww shhhhiiitttt. Now i wanna know the same. I'm ready for some more mind fuckage tonight

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

AMI - think about this for a second . . . if what you say is true then every single accessory in the vehicle would be grounded to the battery negative terminal. Let's not confuse "low resistance ground" with "ground".

In addition, the battery is not really "in circuit" with the accessories in a running vehicle with a properly functioning alternator. Since the alternator has a higher voltage potential, Ohm's Law dictates that current will flow from it to the accessories and into the battery. The battery is unique in that it at times supplies power (IE - start the engine) and at times it consumes power (IE - maintaining a surface charge).

I do have a reason for asking this question. I'll address that soon.

So I guess depending on when you are requiring the current in "time" would depend on where the electrical return path would come from. Car off, the grounding path of the whole car returns back to the battery. Car starting, uses the return from that same said battery source path. Car running, alternator as grounding point. Okay, I'll agree with that. So why in your other "simple" question, would the ground wire from the block to the battery not be useful? After all the battery is there as a maintaining source for when the electrical consumes more voltage then the alt can deliver. Would you not want to decrease resistance so the flow recovery is that much faster? I think depending on the electrical demand, the battery, or batteries are very much an important part of the circuit.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

What I said is true every single accessory is connected to the battery neg via the frame. That is why all the stuff in the vehicle work with the vehicle off, it is the connection point to complete the circuit. Take any accessory you want from the vehicle, radio, headlights, amplifiers. Whatever take it out of the vehicle completely connect to a battery power to + post and ground to neg post and guess what it works, you aren't connecting the ground to ground lol but to the neg post.

Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

AMI - let's say that we had a 14 Volt power supply, 12 Volt battery, and a headlight connected together as follows on our workbench:

Power Supply (+) connected to Battery Positive (+) connected to Headlight Positive (+)

Power Supply (-) connected to Battery Negative (-) connected to Headlight Negative (-)

Consider the following:

- Path of current flow to the headlight with the Power Supply OFF

- Path of current flow to the headlight with the Power Supply ON

- Direction of current flow between the Power Supply and Battery with the Power Supply ON

- Direction of current flow between the Power Supply and Battery with the Power Supply OFF

Finally, will the headlight still work if we remove the battery (and it's negative terminal) from the circuit altogether?

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I think you are overcomplicating things. You removing a battery from an electrical circuit doesnt change a whole lot. Lets just break this down to simple polarity. Since a "ground" can be positive or negative, then a ground is anything in the circuit that will cause a short when connected to the opposite polarity from the power source. Whatever polarity the ground is. We are speaking of DC circuits right? Cause i don't want to get into 2 phase and 3 phase crap.

I guess ill take a stab.. after 5 pages of rhetoric and no answer, I might as.well :P

The ground in the car ie:. The return path.. so from the accessories ground to negative ground on battery to alt ground to engine block ground to the chassis. The positive current should meet.the negative at some point to equal zero.

So you follow that point from the accessories to the bat to alt .. if there was.no bat and no alt. There's no electricity it the car. So I'm saying

Answer:. The charging stud.of the alt. :P hope I'm right

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I guess ill take a stab.. after 5 pages of rhetoric and no answer, I might as.well :P

The ground in the car ie:. The return path.. so from the accessories ground to negative ground on battery to alt ground to engine block ground to the chassis. The positive current should meet.the negative at some point to equal zero.

So you follow that point from the accessories to the bat to alt .. if there was.no bat and no alt. There's no electricity it the car. So I'm saying

Answer:. The charging stud.of the alt. :P hope I'm right

You're not and it was answered lol. :) Page 4

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown