CE Auto Electric Supply

probably said before, but i dont feel like reading through everyone else's answers.. haha

the Frame, Chassis

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

There is no "Ground" as we know in common electrical theory. Earth ground cannot be obtained for obvious reasons. The "ground" in a car is simply the 0v reference point for the cars electrical system. Most computer systems in todays cars will use the 0v ref point to determine + and - voltages as required by the ECU and various other electronics. With that being said if you have "a bad ground" You have a voltage increase or decrease or difference in potential between the point of 0v and your test point. AKA high resistance or infinite resistance. As stated earlier in this thread older vehicles built prior to 1950 used a positive "ground" system. Thus making the + side of the battery the zero volt ref point.

Ding ding ding. Earth is always the source for a ground, but a car cannot use the earth as a ground, so there is no real ground. More like a Faux ground lol. Or a way of completing the circuit. (if I remember high school electronics correctly lol)

you could hang a chain from the bottom of a vehicle to complete the ground to earth itself. ive seen this done on some tractors, floor scrubbers at work and even a few fork lifts.

not only that but he says the ground in a vehicle, to me that says he is specifically talking about the electrical system of a car and not other electrical systems so he isn't wanting earth as the finale grounding point.

i think the question would even have reference to his 1st question asking about the block ground? he knows the electrical of a car so he knows why it needs to be done. if I'm not mistaken all vehicles with an alternator has the alt ground to the engine block and the block grounded to the chassis. then everything else is either grounded to the chassis or the battery which is grounded to the chassis but everything that is needed to keep the car running is grounded to the chassis. so the ground cant be the battery or else the major parts of the car would be grounded to the battery at the factory.

its either the block or the alt, the block does create friction though which would create resistance on the grounding point. i still say its the alt casing. the alt puts out the power then the power runs through the electrical parts of the car then it has to ground somewhere. like a light bulb running of a battery the + wire goes to the + on the battery and the - to the - on the battery completing the circuit where it started.

the circuit is completed at the starting point, the alt.

he never said yes or no if the upgraded ground on the engine block serves a real purpose though and this question was started shortly after. the first question was either as a hint to the answer of this question or is what brought him to ask this question.

the reason for the upgraded block ground is so that everything has a better ground to the alternator.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the alternator case? it is an electrical source, technically, couldn't u run a car without a battery? (of course after getting a jump from someone to turn the motor over)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

So you guys are saying there has to be a complete circuit? I was thinking if thats the case if you take your ground off your car and lets say run them to a car with no battery or alternator and ground to that frame, would it work?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

It's every single piece of electronics within the car. They are their own ground source to complete the circuit. The battery can be removed and the car still runs. It is a reserve to the alt and a source to start the car, etc. The alt has to be grounded as well. Without it, it is just a spinny thingy. Basically, everything is the ground in a car. A true ground though, is the earth, hence the word 'ground'.

My guess and why I say a faux ground.

Question though, is resistance the reason why (other than cost of wiring) that there are multiple electronics ground throughout a vehicle? For instance, what effect would it have to have a single source of ground? Say by the battery? If that makes sense? lol. Been up since 2 PM yesterday :)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown