Second Skin Audio

Audioque hdc4 18 enclosure help...

aqsmous

I just got my hdc4 18", however i have no clue how to design a box or use the torres calculator acurately. i was wondering if anyone could help me design a box anywhere from 33-36 hz. i have all the 3/4 mdf wood. this would be a huge help if i could get any suggestions, tips, advice, or a design from someone. this sub will be going in a 2 door chevy blazer. Im running stock alternator, Powerbass Extreme 2250 amp, Kinetic 2400 battery, 0 awg wiring to amp, 10 awg wiring from sub to amp.

I'm almost positive your gonna need a bigger amp buddy , I have a hdc3 18 and it needs atleast 2k lol but I'm deff interested to see what people advise you box wise , I know 6 cubes at 36hz is not kosher , that's what my hdc3 is in and it just doesn't perform like it should

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

I'm almost positive your gonna need a bigger amp buddy , I have a hdc3 18 and it needs atleast 2k lol but I'm deff interested to see what people advise you box wise , I know 6 cubes at 36hz is not kosher , that's what my hdc3 is in and it just doesn't perform like it should

Says the dude with no clue. You really shouldnt be handing out advise there homeskillet. If the OP has seen your thread, I'm sure he's already aware of your knowledge base.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Says the dude with no clue. You really shouldnt be handing out advise there homeskillet. If the OP has seen your thread, I'm sure he's already aware of your knowledge base.

so whats your opinion on the situation?

You should get better electrical. But you can still build your box and get other stuff ready and still have something. Just don't be dissapointed with the sub if its not as loud as you think it should be.

Your amp is rated at 2250 at 14.4v...so 12v you probably gonna be under 2k rms. Not severely underpowered but I would upgrade as soon as I could, its a 4inch coil Im sure you could run alot more power than 2k....but not unitl you have the electrical to back it.

As far as a Box design...post your max dimensions... I would rather pay someone for a truely custom design. There are a few members on here that do good designs.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

his opinion is dont give shit advice when you have no clue what you are talking about.

but as far as the box, you might want to double up the 3/4in all around, or at least a double baffle with some all thread or some sort of bracing. Secondly, you will probably need more power, something in the 3-3.5krms range. That hdc4 has a 4in coil, which take take some good power thermally. It will perform in the XTA2250, but to wake it up you might want to get more power. on the box, HDC's like bigger boxes than recommended. I dont want to give you a concrete set of specs because i have never personally built a box for an HDC3 or 4.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

well right now im putting out 14.7 volts.. if that helps any.

Yea but 14.7 playing or system off? I doubt on a stock alt unless you have a 175amp stock alt or something crazy.

I got voltage drop witha 110amp stock alt and only 1k rms and a second battery.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I will agree I'm new to box building but I can tell when my sub needs more power ... And op my sub isn't on 2k its only on a t1000bd ... It does alright but I can tell she wants more regardless of what brokesix up there feels about me or my opinion, but yea that amp should bump it purdy good but trust me you'll need more than rated for the hdcs lol , mines in a 6cube box with 97.5 square inches of port area tuned to 36hz and in a 92 civic hatchback ... It's not bad but I have been around audio long enough to know it has more in it I know it needs more power but I also think it needs a different box , I tried asking for help here but just because I don't really care if it blows up I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about lol .. but you should be happy with that amp and sub for awhile but it'll for sure want more juice

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Archived