Sundown Audio

2012 Frame / Cone -- First Built Woofer

this is my o face "xo" because i just came, a few times. :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: :wackit3: that sub is soooo sexy. Kinda reminds me of the elemental designs sub.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Reminds me a lot of the video back in the day of the RE XXX prototype doing 4" peak to peak. Though I'd take this woofer over one of those.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I am kicking myself a bit for getting crazy last night with it' date=' haha... what I did was push it hard enough to exit the coil completely from the gap by a large amount -- the 12" frame supports 50mm of one-way travel not counting frame thickness... 59mm with frame thickness... and 71mm with vent spacer thickness added -- minus 8mm for triple joint ring so we can go 63mm one-way before bottoming the ring... and we have 62.5mm in the motor... so I had it up around 60mm one-way (which is actually 5mm PAST surround linearity)... which makes the coil about 1/2" past the gap *laughs*

So when it came back down it knicked the top plate and knocked loose 1/2 of one voice coil (the coil is an 8-layer bifilar which is wound as a quad; so you can knock out 1/2 of a coil by breaking one wire) and this wire is rubbing on the top plate now making that metallic sound (I can see the loose wire through the vent spacer -- WOOPS!!!).

Either way I have some ideas to minimize that possibility; although, I must admit, I was being totally careless with it to do that!

Needless to say it was pretty crazy and just me being too happy with my new toy [img']http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/images/smilies/smiley.gif[/img]

woops.jpg

Here is the wire I knocked loose -- you can see it through the vent. The piece hanging off is the part after the connection is cut so I can still play the driver (eg: not shorting out on the motor).

Coils of this type have four windings -- I broke just one so I am running on "one and a half" coils in the video.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Jacob, I have seen the light! I need to talk to you when you have time, I am ready to join the Sundown family!

BTW that prototype looks amazing! Looking forward to hearing these beast one day, hopefully in my Cruiser!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I have noted some doubt on whether all of these new parts will be of major benefit (not in this thread, of course, but I do see alot of things around the internet) -- what I say to that is; stay tuned for the results ! :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Shit, there's gotta be SOME sort of benefit when you can push the subs excursion twice as much...

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*