Dumped Malibu-Huge SBN Revamp coming soon

Curious to get some opinions from you guys on the route I want to go with my Malibu.

As everyone knows tax season is coming up and that will free me up the funds to go a little crazy on my Malibu. We were going to try and get the excursion finished but the amount of work needed would be cutting it super close so we I've decided that the Malibu will take priority. Going to go after 1st place in Domestic at SBN Tuner Jam.

Here are a couple pics of the Malibu as of yesterday

20130113_143752.jpg

20130113_143801.jpg

I will be doing some small stuff over the next week or 2 as well. Going to be painting the chrome trim around the outside of the windows matte black to set off the rims. Instead of painting my heads with nightshades I'm ordering some blacked out heads off ebay. The insides themselves are painted black so it keeps that dark look without sacrificing any visibility at night :)

I have basically 90% convinced myself to bag it. There are WAY to many speedbumps and pot holes where I work and live so if I ended up cutting the springs a good bit I would be pretty nervous about how reliable it would be with added weight in the back as well.

Also would love some opinions on my mids/highs setup. I originally only wanted 1-6.5 per door and a tweeter or so per door as well but the more I realize this won't be a walled spl daily the more I want to just go ham on my mids/highs. Jon was thinking somewhere in the area of 3-8s and 2 tweets per front door and then 2-8s and 1 tweet per back door.

As far as the exterior paint I am going to leave that silver for now. The original paint is flawless except a couple small imperfections on the rear bumper. I love how this silver pops and looks with the matte black in the wheel wells so I am deff going to stack silver for now.

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

I saw it yesterday, looks good. You better clean that bish really nicely before sbn. I'd wash-clay bar-wax it.

Thanks bro :)

I will deff be giving it a good waxing before the show! Got a shit ton of work happening in the next 3 weeks in preparation!

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

Also decided to do a little bit more with my doors ;) I figured if I wasn't going to make it stupid loud bass wise, I had to at least go ham on the highs :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

one good thing about silver hides dirt.

one bad thing about silver. hides wax. Seems like no matter how much you wash it and wax it it doesnt look like its any shinier.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived