Sundown Audio

Z v.4 10" Prototype : 2nd Woofer New Parts

Those look like they'll run about 800 dollars. But what about the nightshades. Y'all should make some 10's for that series. I prefer tens over twelves. #movingair-lessspace

The nightshade's are Z's with stiffer suspension... And the video in this thread IS a 10 "...

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Those look like they'll run about 800 dollars. But what about the nightshades. Y'all should make some 10's for that series. I prefer tens over twelves. #movingair-lessspace

The nightshade's are Z's with stiffer suspension... And the video in this thread IS a 10 "...

Not to mention a different motor

Ah, I thought when they released the NS v.3s they upgraded the Z v.3's motor too. My bad.

This sub should make them both obsolete anyways.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

And to think that I have had a Z v,3 15 just sitting in the closet BNIB waiting to start another build hahaha... seems to me i may be upgrading when these get released.. So around when can we expect these???

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

I showed your video to my friend at work, i explained to him how you were throwing 2500+ watts to a sub "rated" at 1700 and doing it free air. He understands a bit about how free air is bad for a speaker, so suffice it to say he was speechless. He was amazed at the amount of excursion this thing has, of course who wouldn't be. It's nice to have stuff like this for people who don't know your brand.

Also, allergies suck right? Not trying to make you self conscious about your sniffing, i watch my videos and hear myself doing it and am like "damn, i sniff a lot!" lol

Indeed -- I am super happy with them so far :)

And yes, allergies and congestion are terrible... took medicine for it for years but really made my head feel weird all the time so I quit.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Got the 10" Z v.4 motor charged up to run specs on it -- so here we are (D2 coil) :

RE : 3.42 (series)

Fs : 29.4 Hz

Qes : 0.324

Qms : 4.61

Qts : 0.302

Le : 3.68 mH

Sd : 366 cm^2

BL : 24.85 NA

Mms : 316 g

Cms : 92.41 uM/N

Sens : 83.16 dB - 1w/1m

BL^2/RE : 180.56

For production the top plate ID is going to move OUT a bit (wider gap) to prevent damage in the case of excessive excursion (which is how I damaged the 12" prototype) -- this will reduce BL by a small margin but the Z v.4 motor force factor is still in excess of the v.3 version so it's a non-issue :)

All in all I think these specs are on target with what customers want -- compared to the v.3 we have :

1) Lower FS in stock format

2) Higher motor force

3) Higher thermal power handling (v.3 10/12 use a shorter coil than 15/18 -- v.4 use the same 15/18 coil in all sizes)

4) Higher mechanical power handling and thus more forgiveness of larger boxes (current 10s are very picky on small boxes)

So I think folks will be extremely pleased when these hit the market.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

I may put a bit more stiffness into the surrounds as well -- and for the low FS junkies I'll still be able to put on a spider from the "X" line which is one layer fewer than a "Z" line spider. This way the FS won't change so drastically in "stock" format but we can still tailor it in either direction (it would still be lower than the v.3 models, of course, just not such a HUGE change).

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg