Second Skin Audio

6 10" box design idea help

cracker

Buddy has a 98 grandprix 2 door. Its a budget build but we want very good output. Already have some equipment. Idea is 6 kicker comp 10s and 3 Sony amps,not sure the exact model but says 1100 Watts each lol. We wanna keep subs in trunk. Ill have to get exact measurements but any ideas on box style? Bandpass ported through rear arm rest? Ported blowthrough style? He's pretty open minded on ideas to. If any info is needed just ask. I'm slow trying. To learn this new phone so might take me a min on here lol

6 won't fit. Better off with 4

I have a 98 gtp 4 door, same trunk

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

This is my budget build, hits low down to around 25-26, flexes he roof and shakes houses [not all the time, just certain people;)]

IMAG1987-1.jpg

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Well we can use every inch of trunk space and can possibly do a 4th order of some type. I can glass up the wheel well too to get all space possible. Seen 4 10s in cabs which have like half the space

Oh we want the most cone area possible too lol

Have you ever built a box in the trunk?

Yessir got a build log around someplace ha I can do whatever build wise, I just lack in the design part a bit with something like this.

Yessir got a build log around someplace ha I can do whatever build wise, I just lack in the design part a bit with something like this.

From just playing around with Torres I figured there's about 9.5cu for the entire trunk so you could fit 6 and do a smaller size box and just run some more power to them to make up for it. You can fit a extra batt and the amp in the wheel well also.

Be warned I only have 350lbs ish in the trunk and it sits about a inch to a inch and a half lower than the front. Very noticeable. I will be getting some rear +1" ride springs for the rear soon, around 150$ just let your friend know my gtp model lost around 4-5mpg from the install

• 2 weeks later...

Ha well I figured I can get atleast 10.5 cubes without any glassing out towards the wheel Wells. Amps and battery etc can go behind the front seats. The subs will get more power then rated so it'll be fun lol. Just gonna see what these lil shits can do and step up do better quality in the future.

Archived