XS Power

3 D3100s Under Hood of Tahoe or Escalade?

Off topic... but you drag race a stock escalade? What's it run.in a 1/4 mile?

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

That's pretty cool, do you race with subs in or do you take them out with the box?

I just put the subs in the truck two months ago. Haven't raced it since then. I usually only race it when my race car is broken or I feel like messin around. With the addition of the 28" wheels and the stereo stuff, I'll probably be lucky to run under 17 seconds....lol

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Off topic... but you drag race a stock escalade? What's it run.in a 1/4 mile?

15.60s to 15.80s depending on the weather, but that was before the 28s and stereo. On the other hand, my street legal race car runs 9s naturally aspirated.

Edited by Captain Stupid

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I have a D3100 and D3400 under the hood of my 08 tahoe. I'll try to get some pics but im not a big pic guy. The D3100 fits perfect in the passenger side tray of my tahoe, all i had to do was hammer down some spots on the tray. And i had to move the anti-freeze thing while dropping it in. A D3100 would not fit in the spare tray and i didn't really want to do much to try to make it fit so i just put my D3400 in that spot and that also fits perfect in there.

Why can't you put the other 2 bats in the rear?

Might be better in the rear having the batts closer to the amps

Believe it or not, I actually drag race my Escy. NHRA does not allow batteries of any type inside the vehicle unless they are in a sealed, vented box, or behind a sealed firewall. Also, I tow my REAL race car with the truck, so between the sub box and the tongue weight of the trailer, I'm trying to keep from putting more weight in the rear.

Pic racing with the old 22" wheels on it....

080209Bremerton11-1.jpg

Hide the batteries in the sub box.... It's a sealed battery.

• 1 month later...

i have an 04 escalade and just got the 3400 and it just barely fits...if the 3100 is any longer its gona be really hard to make it work...i also bout an auxilary battery tray just to make it easy on myself.....no aftermarket brackets or anything like that

That's pretty cool, do you race with subs in or do you take them out with the box?

I just put the subs in the truck two months ago. Haven't raced it since then. I usually only race it when my race car is broken or I feel like messin around. With the addition of the 28" wheels and the stereo stuff, I'll probably be lucky to run under 17 seconds....lol

lol same thing my brother has done, he does bracket racing and whenever his car has broken down in the middle of a points event he just puts the number on the tow truck, changed to e.t. to 16 flat and runs it haha, he's won 3 events with the truck because of that :D

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360