DC Sound Lab

the DD2508 has a 2.5 inch coil. not sure what the SA-8 has. but if you want an 8 that competes it at least has to deal with the SA-8 first. In my opinion the DD2508 does not seem to popular. I dont see too much chatter on it. If I am wrong i would like to see some installs or other applications with it. i think you have to decide wht kind of 8 this is. Is it going for sound quality or SPL. is it possible to achieve both? Personally being a DD fan I love the look of that high roll surround and i think alpine's idea of the split spider sounds awesome. put themn together and you have a monster excurting 8 right? would the split spider make a 2.5 inch coil feasible? or even a 3 inch coil? is that necessary. Good ideas so far. I am always down to see the next best 8 inch sub. once one comes out id consider saving some space in my trunk.

sa8 is 2"

the new x8 will be 2.5", tooled basket and spider, high excursion

Edited by tacomaguy1

Team Flex Issues

Well the spiders diameter is not the only thing that allows performance. In all logic you could do a 2.5 " could and have less room for spider but just use a better one. Maybe higher roll that will allow more travel. You can have a very high travel spider with good linearity and still fit 2.5 " coil. That being said. I think a badass 2" coil would be better. Hell fit some more coil there I hear 8 layer flat wind all over the place with manufacturers lol. Make me a 12 layer. High roll spider. Deeply bumped backplate to help stop chances of bottoming out the coil. Maybe a progressive (split) spider design like some post have talked about. Keep the spoked basket I think it's tuff. Personally I'd say tall roll surround also. Give the sub as much cone as possible and still allow for tons of travel. Stitched surround I agree with rusty. Not nescessary. And tons of cooling , vented backplate. Flared top plate. Coil gap venting. Help keep it cool. Small sub so I see heat being an issue with power I know people will try to run to it lol. Just my suggestions.

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

I saw someone said no carbon cone because the dust cap covers it... how about some type of semitransparent dust cap?

I said no to the 8" CF cone, on the 12, 15, and 18s it will be seen.

Now a transparent dustcap would be sick!

Wouldn't the 8" CF cone still add strength?

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

I saw someone said no carbon cone because the dust cap covers it... how about some type of semitransparent dust cap?

Yes but with as small as the cone area is and not putting stupid amounts of power on it I don't think it would need more strength? Just my opinion.

Yes but with as small as the cone area is and not putting stupid amounts of power on it I don't think it would need more strength? Just my opinion.

Well darn how bout we do it just to make me feel better lol

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

Well darn how bout we do it just to make me feel better lol

Lol well that would be a possibility. I see where you are coming from. I would want the same but no real reason to do it other then knowing its cf under the dust cap.

Whoa.

Boner achieved.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg