Second Skin Audio

NEW ported box in chrysler 300 1 15 ?pics, HELP

ThreehundredC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you did the extension part 1 3/4" instead of 2" its ok, the front to back piece must have the specified dimensions though AND the extension has to be placed as shown on the pic, the corner parts are not strictly necessary, you will do fine without them. The box has to be air tight so using a sealant is usually is recommended.

Test the port both on the driver's side and passenger's side (as is now), you can also try firing forward (port driver's side suggested) and see what you like best.

my last box sounded best flipped the other way port. on driver side. but illtry this way first. there is only maybe 7-8 inches from the port to the back of the trunk .

if i took the box apart and cut the back at an angle it could slide in against the seat more

my last box sounded best flipped the other way port. on driver side. but illtry this way first. there is only maybe 7-8 inches from the port to the back of the trunk .

if i took the box apart and cut the back at an angle it could slide in against the seat more

That port only needs about 4" of free airspace in front of it, not really more than that, so it's not necessary for you to modify the box for that reason, what you could try is firing the sub towards the seats, if you have not tried that and see if you like it.

i would like to fire forward ...buut. the L7 i got from a guy has a clicking scratchy sound when you listen at low volume from right in front the speaker turn it up past a few clicks and its gone and sounds fine.in the trunk

Yea my hate for trunk rattle overpowers my love for bass. My car has some really tight dimensions but i figured out a way to put my subs and port on the same plane firing into the cabin with the rest of the trunk sealed off and it sounds 100 times better.

Archived