Second Skin Audio

NEW ported box in chrysler 300 1 15 ?pics, HELP

ThreehundredC

i may need to build it like that ,ported thru the cabin

but yea the speaker still makes the noise cant hear it in the driver seat gunna keep it until it gets worse. but gave a few demos today of people who heard tho old box they love it way louder

i gotta fight the box to fit in there so taking it out and flippibg it will be a *itch. its to tall to tilt it inso i gotta take the "floor".out til its in all the way then lift the box and slide the floor board back in

• 1 month later...

Ok so the box sounds great. On the right songs.. The rest kinda misses I think it's to close to the trunk if I took the box and cut a notch with the table saw on the backside like a step up I can push it another 10inches back tward the seat ..only thing is it's over the port will I need to extend the port.?

Ok so the box sounds great. On the right songs.. The rest kinda misses I think it's to close to the trunk if I took the box and cut a notch with the table saw on the backside like a step up I can push it another 10inches back tward the seat ..only thing is it's over the port will I need to extend the port.?

If you have 3 3/4" or so of free airspace in front of the port that's what's necessary as a minimum, slanting the box will change the port area on the inner end, that will damage the performance of the box. Bear in mind that once you cut it likely can't go back to what it was.

You can modify response by deaden and fire backwards, sealing off, changing the port passenger/driver side by flipping the box or using a parametric EQ.. Also if you have a friend or whatever who can demo a different sub/box in your trunk, that would be an interesting test.

I've flipped it front back and upside down the best way was back, port driver side I've been waiting for my "spraydead" to come in the mail should help rear deck flexes and the carpet hits the window

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a new design on this sub. It's just a big square box sittin in the middle of my trunk. got the sprayDead layered on the trunklid sounds pretty good outside the trunk. .. Thinking of kerfing or building it over those 3.5inch humps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No i haven't , been on sketchup messing with designs tho to fit over the humps on the side and slide all the way back to the seats , the back side height needs to be 13.5 or less top board slanting down from 17-18 inches in the front each side will have a step up of 3.5 inches to go over the wheel bumps and fill all the side space too ,only thing is finding tuning for the odd shaped box

733925_10152680570035118_850531453_n.jpg

577436_10152680567585118_1893092668_n.jp

Archived