Smoove's 1996 Chevy Ext cab C1500 Blowthrough RF, Fi, DD, SMD Meters 6th. updated pics start page 89

Glad to hear to feeling well enough to get back on this truck. I bet it's been killing you that you couldn't work on it.

Just curious, where/how do you have your 12v+ run(s) done? I've been wanting to get some 1/0 from SkyHigh and I'm not too sure on whats the better or best ways to run wire in our style trucks.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I like how clean under the hood looks for your truck. I finally figure out what I wanna do, I'm looking to get a extended cab "mini truck", I was looking some alt for some and they are pretty easy to find/get and I would be able to haul things if I needed to, plus the gas mileage would be a little better with either a v6 or 4 cylinder.

Was mainly looking for either an S10 truck, Ford Ranger, or the GMC Sonoma......

Looking foreward to any progress as well

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Glad to hear to feeling well enough to get back on this truck. I bet it's been killing you that you couldn't work on it.

Just curious, where/how do you have your 12v+ run(s) done? I've been wanting to get some 1/0 from SkyHigh and I'm not too sure on whats the better or best ways to run wire in our style trucks.

I am gonna pull my dual run through the firewall with gromets down by the heater hoses. There is a wire block down there and I have already cut a hole. Once inside the truck it will just run under the carpet. If I remember I will get a pic of where the power wires will run.

I like how clean under the hood looks for your truck. I finally figure out what I wanna do, I'm looking to get a extended cab "mini truck", I was looking some alt for some and they are pretty easy to find/get and I would be able to haul things if I needed to, plus the gas mileage would be a little better with either a v6 or 4 cylinder.

Was mainly looking for either an S10 truck, Ford Ranger, or the GMC Sonoma......

Looking foreward to any progress as well

An ext cab mini truck would be cool. S10's have piles of after market and the 4.3 v6 is not bad motor. I say go for it. And if you want to build a really clean blow through that leaves the bed mostly useable you could do something like cableguy or Orangejuiced.

• 1 month later...

So the Ebay seats got sold on craigslist. I replaced them with some Corbeau's. I haven't pulled them out of the plastic so here is a pic from the website.

9487436e-9ca2-40f8-b413-35f5ebc9ba15-800

I got the alarm tucked finally. It was in the way of the clutch assembly until I lengthened the auxilary wires which are connected to the relays the pop my door actuators. I got the old seats and carpet out. For those of you who have pulled the carpet out of a dailly driven vehicle. You understand the nastyness that can be found. it took several hours, 2 rounds of shop vac, some acetone, and some windex to remove the last layer of residue. Next weekend sound deadenor goes in on the floor.

20130505_151903_zpsffeba83e.jpg

20130505_151919_zpsc9965d60.jpg

I will be covering pretty much the whole floor with deadoner. I am gonna work around the the shifter area. We have to cut the floor for the manual tranny and the hurst short shift shifter.

I also finally picked my subs. I ordered 2 fully loaded Fi SP4 15's. Got a call from Nick last week stating they are almost ready. So now I am getting kind of anxious for them to ship :-)

Once the deadoner is in I will just be waiting for my buddy to be ready to help me get the tranny in. It's gonna be a couple hundred to flash out the out the automatic tranny settings and flash in the manual tranny settings for the computer.

Progress hell yeah! Will your alarm roll your windows down too? Just in case the poppers don't want to work.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

That would be nice if it did. You are making me think its time to upgrade my alarm to something with 4 auxiliary modes instead of 2. But that will have to wait. I still need to pick a new headunit first.

I have never heard of anyone throwing a code with removing the resonator. Some people have claimed gains in mpg and rumble from from the exhaust. If you'd like more info on the mod, here is a link to it on the GMT400 forum. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6002-Writeup-Intake-Resonator-Removal&highlight=resonator . the purpose of a resonator is to act like a muffler which slows airflow. There cant be anything bad about increasing the air flow by removing it. The computer will make any self adjustments it needs for the air increase.

• 2 weeks later...

Hear is what I got done last weekend on the deadoning. Half of the floor

20130512_192200_zps0aaef1f2.jpg

20130512_192048_zpscb36f167.jpg

Here is the floor at a completed stage until the tranny swap happens. Done today.

20130518_140253_zps561a5f5e.jpg

20130518_141411_zps009f71c4.jpg

Archived