Smoove's 1996 Chevy Ext cab C1500 Blowthrough RF, Fi, DD, SMD Meters 6th. updated pics start page 89

Beautiful subs!! :) come deaden mine now haha

Now I still have to deaden the roof. When I pull the head liner its gonna get done in white vinyl. So no time to do yours.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have never heard of anyone throwing a code with removing the resonator. Some people have claimed gains in mpg and rumble from from the exhaust. If you'd like more info on the mod, here is a link to it on the GMT400 forum. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6002-Writeup-Intake-Resonator-Removal&highlight=resonator . the purpose of a resonator is to act like a muffler which slows airflow. There cant be anything bad about increasing the air flow by removing it. The computer will make any self adjustments it needs for the air increase.

Resonator is for cutting down on interior noise / cabin drone. Does it curtail a bit of air flow? Only a little bit.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

• 3 weeks later...

Finally some progress to report. IT'S ALIVE. The tranny conversion from automatic to manual is done. Spent the last 2 days doing the swap. We started on friday night towing the truck to my buddies house. From there it became the usual vehicle project, repeated trips to the parts store and of course the "SHIT IT DOESN'T FIT", were gonna have to mod it or fabricate something. But it drives and shifts. I still have to get the PCM reprogrammed to support the swap so the check engine light is on. I didnt't much for pics. Next step will be sound dedoning the roof so I can start putting things back together.

Headed to my friends house

20130830_190431_zpse48ee864.jpg

Old automatic tranny

20130831_133100_zpsec230519.jpg

5 speed manual tranny that got installed

20130831_181736_zps2635e562.jpg

Plama cutters are great. Cutting that hole took less than a minute

20130831_181920_zps6fb5441b.jpg

This pic was taken after I took it for a quick dirve. Hurst quick shifter was installed.

20130901_223718_zps7c719dcf.jpg

Thats all for now :)

Drove it home this morning. Last night I forgot we have those damn seat belt laws so I had to put a drivers side seatbelt in. I forgot about those pesky registration stickers. Since the truck got parked almost a year ago I never put the damn sticker on. Runs great. 1st gear is a little shorter than I thought it be, but it's all good. Got some clean up work to do and stuff like new carpet and new seats before I start on the system. I want it fully drivable.

Very nice but those trucks run pretty hard with 5 speeds. Had some guy almost take me out the other day cause he did a clutch drop and lost it

lost it how? Clutch gave out or ass end got loose?

Yeah they always tend to be more strict. I agree though about making it Tully drivable, its been sitting for awhile, it needs road time. I'm curious to see it you do anymore performance to it While its still lighter. I wonder if you can adjust that gear without tearing it all apart again.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Archived