Sundown Audio

SA 12 s box design post your trial & errors

I like 2.6 per sub, 12sqin per cube, tuned to 26. Very smooth sounding and will play both high and low. Only good for around 800 watts mechanical power handling though - not for if you want to get loud

custom 3.8 net cubes with 2x 2.5 round ports at 5 inches long with to SA 12's rear baffle lined with fleece.Decent sq but prefab Q slot port sounded better WTF?

Ive been told 2 4" aeros is a little under recommended port area . So 2 2.5's is definatley not enough

Edited by Ludachris5150

Rebuild in progress...

This is what i am planning on building, 2.0 cuft after displacement. 3X4" aeros tuned around 35hz with amp rack underneath. We will see if my skills match my imagination.

aeroprtw-divider2.jpg

aeroprtfront.jpg

custom 3.8 net cubes with 2x 2.5 round ports at 5 inches long with to SA 12's rear baffle lined with fleece.Decent sq but prefab Q slot port sounded better WTF?

Ive been told 2 4" aeros is a little under recommended port area . So 2 2.5's is definatley not enough

Agreed I got 2 4" aeros and it is not enough ... terrible port noise on the super lows .... that's for 2 sa12s plan on re- doing with 2 5" aeros

I built the box for the e12s and it was good but not the sa haha