CE Auto Electric Supply

Yes, they have voltage regulators. ;). Try out what I'm saying tho and see what happens. This is why in alot of SQ cars you will find a cap in there ;)

I have always been under the impression that a car will continue to run even if you take out the battery once it is running (but keep the circuit complete.) This is because the alternator is providing the electricity that the car uses while it is running, sort of like a mini generator. And that the battery was mostly there to start the car, and now a days keep your radio presets and the like.

So by that logic it stands to reason that the current flow would be

A. Battery to amp, amp to grouding point, grounding point to chassis, chassis battery.

B. Alt to amp, amp to grouding point, and grounding point to chassis, chassis to alt.

Just like Snafu said.

Yeah, the alternator is hooked up to the battery, and the current still flows TO the battery not necessarily THROUGH it, but I was under the impression that that was simply to keep it charged up while the vehicle is running so that once the vehicle was turned off, it could be started again.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular CabPioneer MVH-P7300Orion 800.4Planet Audio Big Bang series 6.5 componentsJL G17002 Diamond Audio D610D4's

Build log

women drivers no survivors

basebalz

Go hook your highs amp up straight to your alt. Unhook your batt...see what happens :)

Please, nobody do this! A battery is an elemental part of how the regulator of an alternator works. Disconnect it from a running vehicle, and you could damage everything electrical in your vehicle.

The premise of your argument would be - it is not possible for your amplifier to work if the battery is not in the circuit. I will disprove this - in a safe way.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

basebalz

Go hook your highs amp up straight to your alt. Unhook your batt...see what happens :)

Please, nobody do this! A battery is an elemental part of how the regulator of an alternator works. Disconnect it from a running vehicle, and you could damage everything electrical in your vehicle.

The premise of your argument would be - it is not possible for your amplifier to work if the battery is not in the circuit. I will disprove this - in a safe way.

Excited to see this

basebalz

Lol, how? Yes. It is not safe to start you're car and go riding down the road. On a daily basis. But for testing purposes its different.

You have a bad battery. You jump your car and start driving. No different.

You're fuse flows between your alternator and battery while driving.

Etc.

Edited by basebalz13

Another thing, When a alt get's bench tested...it is not hooked up to a battery. Therefor if the battery is a key piece in the regulator working properly. Why isn't one hooked up when they test alts?