CE Auto Electric Supply

OK, generally speaking everyone following this thread needs to take off their car stereo hat and put it down. I regret using the word "amplifier" in my original question.

basebalz - I'll hang tight while you remove the battery from your truck and then start it for testing purposes. Please report back.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

OK, generally speaking everyone following this thread needs to take off their car stereo hat and put it down. I regret using the word "amplifier" in my original question.

basebalz - I'll hang tight while you remove the battery from your truck and then start it for testing purposes. Please report back.

Well, it wont start if you remove the battery. You stated when the vehicle is running it goes directly from the Alt. to the amp. I'm stating it does not, in fact it still passes through the battery where there the current/voltage is stabilized and then proceeds to go to the amplifier. Same concept applies to how house gets electricity...it doesn't just go straight thru the power lines and into the house. It gets stepped down, and passes thru caps to stabilize it.

I see you've latched on to my dry wit. I couldn't resist that one . . . What you outline above is incorrect.

Well then elaborate as to why it's incorrect/your're right.

electrons physically move from the ground to the positive in a dc circuit. though most the time we think of it as coming from the positive when we look at dc circuits. so which way are we looking at the dc part of the charging system circuit? also is the video gonna be on here? or do i have to find your youtube channel or something.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

you guys are complicating things too much with all the "if i exceed my alternators output" stuff. He said the alt could support the electrical. Take it down to simplest terms.

path.jpg?t=1352877516

you see, the battery is just another device in the current flow. Just like the amp. The only difference the battery helps to regulate the flow but the amp does not.

I know the voltage regulator does this too, but the battery is also a regulator.

edit:

i just used an amp as an example, it could be anything, headlights, power inverter, whatever.

Edited by strangeduck

You guys are forgetting that the wire that goes from the alt to the battery....is connected to the same wire that goes from the battery to the amplifier.....It is essentially a wire that goes STRAIGHT from the alternator to the AMP.

The battery and amplifier are connected in parallel to the alternator. And when the car is running, the alternator is the supplier, while the battery and amp act as a LOAD. Because of this, the voltage is constant to both. If this is true, then the voltage comes from the ALTERNATOR, NOT THE BATTERY.

Batteries store charge. If the alt goes from supplying 14.5v and suddenly drops to 13 volts....The battery does not drop to 13 volts along with it instantaneously....It briefly discharges until being recharged by the alternator, not necessarily dropping to 13 volts. This is the "smoothing out ripples" you hear everyone talk about.

Voltage from an alternator is not constant...it varies a lot....13.5v....14v....13.7v.....14.5v....Instead of every electronic in your car dimming from these immediate changes in voltage...the battery makes up for this by "smoothing out" this voltage spikes and dips, only to then be charged and discharged countless times.

Current can bypass the battery...and it does constantly.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D