Second Skin Audio

building a ported box for the first time

rambo.93

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on designing a ported box. i recently picked up two 10 inch rockford P3s. they are the second model that was 400 watts rms with 800 peak. this is just a fun little project for me so don't hate on the subs too much. but yea, any help with designing a ported box for them would be awesome. i drive a mazda 626 so standard trunk space i suppose. thanks!

Well, download Torres first. Plug your max dimensions of the space you will be putting the box in, the sub displacements, and possible bracing displacements in. And fiddle with it until you got it figured out. You'll want to shoot for a 32-36hz tuning for a daily music box. The Common port wall will be "3" for a standard L-shaped port.

Edit: make sure each sub gets it's recommended box volume size, basically in your situation you will look at the NET VOLUME and just divide by two and that is the box volume that each sub will see. They're recommended ported size is 1.4 cubes each. So your net volume should be around 2.8

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

people who recommend the Torres box building program, dont realize how complicated it looks to a first time user. there are like 20 boxes for you to put numbers into.

OP, read the instruction manual and browse the torres thread for help. it seems confusing as fuck at first, but once you get the hang of it its actually pretty easy. thread is in the enclosure section of the forum

Yeah I tried to help him out with it a bit, I know it can be overwhelming at first, haha. But it's easy to get the hang of.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Or post your max dimensions on hear Heigth length width and maybe someone on here will plug it all in Torres for you and give you some help.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Both opening and trunk measurements, the biggest you can possibly fit. I can fit something like 36 inches wide in my trunk but limited to 30 inches in the opening so remember that.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

DSCN1643-1-1.jpg

There is my old set up. i dont have the measurements for that box, but the biggest box that i could put in there at about the same place is: 37 inches wide, 27 inches deep, and 14 inches tall. that would use probably the most area...i could make it taller but it couldnt go as deep.

Archived