Sonic Electronix

Im looking at getting a new amp that is going to be at least 1500 watts rms. Thats probably what its going to be close to and i wanted to know if my 4 gauge wiring that i have in my car will do the job? I've heard of people doubling up wiring.... could i double up 4 and 8 gauge together or would that be bad? i'd appreciate the thoughts.

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

It wouldnt be good to be mixing wires and things like that your best bet would be to just buy some 0 gauge what is it going in

a crunch 3000 which is powerin 2 12 inch L7's in a 6.5 foot cubic box that is ported

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Man i would get some 0/1 gauge wire to be on the safe side Knukonceptz has very good prices on 0/1 wire

yea i was already lookin into it..... its just a pain cus with my amp i have to get reducers for it. And then i gotta get reducers for my cap and my fuse holder. :unsure: its just a lot of crap for just wiring..... but ill end up gettin it lol

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

how long is the run of power wire?

also depends on what 4awg wire you have.

running 2 different sizes isnt something we try to practice, but current will flow down the path of least resistance, so technically it would be ok.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

running 2 different sizes isnt something we try to practice, but current will flow down the path of least resistance, so technically it would be ok.

its gonna b about 15 to 18 feet of wire.... and the 4 gau wire is just high current flow oxygen free, thats all it says on it

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

also.... so ur saying that i could get a better 4 gauge wire and make it work? i would rather do this than go to a 0 gauge wire because of all the hassles that it makes with reducers and things like that. If you could send me the link of a good 4 gauge that would work with this that would be great.

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

I wouldn't fuck with 4 gauge if I am dealing with anything over 1500 watts...jmo though.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings