Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zapme

sundown vs. obsidian audio

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm in the process of ordering 4 x 15s in the next few days. i have my head set on obsidian audio 15v2, then black Friday special came to play, and i saw sa15 from sundown. Between the two brands, there is $4 difference with all four subs included shipping. i know Jacob is the father for both company, so both are great products. Need your opinion on which brand u guys would go for. The subs are going to be powered by two Planet Audio bb2400.1 strapped, and going on an s10 extended cab walled off. :ghost:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joshua Learn
      Looking for anybody to comment back, Hey Guys! Not new to car audio, but never dealt with Sundown or Skar before. Long question short, Would the Skar Audio RP-800.1D Match well with a Sundown EV3 10 or 12 D4 with VCs in parallel? 600wrms rated at 2 ohms on the amp, Subs both rated for 500wrms? Looking to put in the deck shelf of a 1978 Grand Marquis, ported box tuned to 28-30hz is the goal. Not looking to shake everyone around me, just add some nice low end to accompany my Pioneer D series components and 6x9s on a Pioneer 8604. Thanks in advance!
    • By LAUDYDAUDY
      Finally finished the enclosure. 2 Sundown X 15s on a sundown SAZ-3000d. Running at 1 ohm. Box is tuned to 32 hz. Running 4 neo pro 6.5 in the doors and 4 sundown super tweeters. Sounds awesome!

• By Agent SCV
      Quick question, I've been running two SCV 3000ds strapped at 1 ohm or .5ohm per amp on my NSV3 15" for the last 6 months, recently fried an amp through my own error. I have an opportunity to swap and get a new scv 6000d for cheap and was wondering switch setup would be louder and better overall. I've got a singer 330 and 2 D3400 and 1 D3100. The setup was loud as hell, now 1 3000d is just not loud at all. Also I have been considering getting a Orion HCCA 8000.1 because they do rated 12.6v and obv I'd have shit tons of headroom. I need opinions thanks.
    • By Joe f
      I really need help with a box design for a zv3 15" d1 that I just picked. I have it in a Dodge ram 1500 reg cab. I pulled out the center console and built a box between the seats. The first box I tried was 3ft after disp @34hz using 2-4" ports and running off a sundown sae1200. The sub was facing up and ports coming out the front towards the dash. It sounded OK but would not play Lowe's very well for a 15" sub. So I built another box that is 3.5ft after disp @ 31.5hz using a single 6inch port, same with sub facing up and port forward and it still does not pick up lows like I think it should. Is it the port size? Is it the single cab of my truck? Is it the way the sub and port are arranged???? 
      Any help would be great, thanks!!
    • By Spanka
      Hey guys, first off I'd like to say great forum!! I have learned so much here and acquired so much inspiration from reading others post that I took on the challenge of trying to unsuck my Ram factory Alpine system. I'm hoping to find someone here that has some experience with this truck to help me in my quest. I'm deep into trying to make this "upgraded" Alpine system sound good. I wont bore you with what I've tried because that list is of great length.. I'll just start with what I have now and where I'd like to go, if that is okay.
      Hertz 3.5 in the dash (all 3), Hertz 6x9 3 way front and rear doors and Hertz 1" tweeters in the front door panels to add a little extra touch (the front doors are crossed over at midbass only.. should have went with a mid driver was unaware of crossover points at time of purchase). Two sundown SA 10s on a SCV 2000D in a Fox acoustics box, Fosgate 1/0 amp kit, LC2I LOC, 220 amp alt, dual batteries.
      The doors and dash speakers are running off the factory amp and crossover points. It sounds amazing compared to the Alpine factory crap that was in there.. The LC2I is hooked into the factory sub channels 
      The subs is where I keep having issues, I am not sure what frequency the factory sub channel operates and can not find any information. I'm assuming its low as I have unloaded a sub or two to the point of mechanical failure thinking the factory sub was protected by some kind of factory crossover point.. The Box is 1.35cf of airspace per side tuned to 35hz the subs displacement is .1 and calls for 1.0 to 1.25 of air space and sundown recommends 35hz port, so this box is built for the subs. The amp is more than enough to push these things so what is going on??? Seems like the bass rolls off on the SSF way to fast low pass is set to 95ish.. I need to get this thing meter set to make sure my crossovers are set correctly but having a hard time finding a competent shop here in the 4th largest city in America.. Oh and I have the SA D4s wired to 1ohm. The SCV remote comes with a clipping light and seems very accurate. I set the gain using a multimeter using the watts x ohms square roots system, calculated for box rise so 750 x 2 = 1500 x 2 = 3000 square root = 54.77 volts. I then pay close attention to the clipping light. 
      1st question, since these subs are beast mode can i just leave the SSF set at 10? 
      2nd question, should I set the low pass higher to something around 110 to 120? 
      3rd question, how can I figure out the frequency coming to the amp?  

I have tried the LC7I to sum all channels but it seems like it wont get low at all using this method.  
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,155 Guests (See full list)