Sundown Audio

Hifonics Brutus 1700D and 2 JBL Wgti 12" 700w. Competition 12/02/12

VictorFarias

LOL full gain what a joke. only reason you haven't fucked up your subs yet is because your preout voltage is so low that it doesn't even matter.

my subs are so underpowered with the low rms amp too

my old radio had 4v output the one i have now has 2v

certain songs i hear slight distortion and adjust the headunits bass and sub lvl accordingly

i assume this is different quality files 320kb ect or a pro producer vs a basement producer causing this

when i play decaf the headunits lvls are the lowest

i have played my amp on 75% gain to which i have barely any excursion

ive had my current setup for at least 2 yrs and havent fucked up my subs yet

i cannot have a shop professionally adjust my amp because they all suck around here and dont have the proper equipment

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL full gain what a joke. only reason you haven't fucked up your subs yet is because your preout voltage is so low that it doesn't even matter.

my subs are so underpowered with the low rms amp too

my old radio had 4v output the one i have now has 2v

certain songs i hear slight distortion and adjust the headunits bass and sub lvl accordingly

i assume this is different quality files 320kb ect or a pro producer vs a basement producer causing this

when i play decaf the headunits lvls are the lowest

i have played my amp on 75% gain to which i have barely any excursion

ive had my current setup for at least 2 yrs and havent fucked up my subs yet

i cannot have a shop professionally adjust my amp because they all suck around here and dont have the proper equipment

doesnt matter the ratings of your amp or your subs. the gain is used to match the preout voltage coming from the headunit. thats its only purpose.

the human ear is very unsensitive (not an actual word) against bass frequencies. you're already clipping before you even hear audible distortion.

Im not using in full gain. It is in 75%.

So you guess?

Where your gain is at it don't matter, I can have mine at 1% high preoutvoltage or 50% low preout voltage.

Your using the 3/4 methods, when I was a noob I did that to I had it for over 2 years nothing bad happen

And your dissing your local shop for not knowing how to doit and you don't even know to doit lol

i went and had my amp tuned correctly today by a friend of my cousins

i had 2 drive far but it was very worth it

he ended up turning the gain down 30% and told me to turn the bass boost on my headunit a little higher

the difference is huge much cleaner and richer feeling bass

thanks for being pro kranny

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

135 @ 45 hz

Also tru: how did your friends cousin tune your amp?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived