XS Power

I would check your car and see if you have any parasitic draw somewhere ... no way should that battery have been dead dead , also get a battery tender, I havea 3400 in my car and a battery tender hard wired , when ever I park the car even for over night I plug that baby in !

don't give up on xs there stuff is tried and true , I think there are other factors at play here

I've got a D3100 that has been sitting in the garage all year. When I put the charger on automatic it only takes a few seconds to kick off and say it's fully charged. Should I just let it set on a trickle charge for a while anyway just to be safe?

Sitting in the garage, and having one hooked up in a car are 2 different things.

Batteries properly stored will be fine.

Newer cars have electronics that are always on. Over time, they will drain any battery no matter how nice or new it was. Same goes for setting an alarm system and letting it sit for months on end.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You know what I do have a viper alarm that stoped working after the swap, I wonder if that has somthing to do with it. Its a 96 town car which has a massive electrical system but the optima lasted much longer under the same conditions. I also have 8 optima group 31 in the trunk for the hydro system that are also 5 years old and I only charge those 3 times a year and they are still good.

I think I will try a bigger xs power battery this time, cyber monday is comming up, I wonder if I can find a good deal on one. Also I think I'll get a battery tender too, definitely worth it. Thanks on all the replys.

''The Darkest Souls Are Not Those Wich Choose To Exist Within The Hell Of The Abyss, But Those Wich Choose To Break Free From The Abyss And Move Silently Amoung Us''

Did you check the voltage on the battery before you completed the load test? You have to have a fully charged battery to do a load test. If the battery was drained completely when you put it on the charger, then in all actuality the charger probably never charged the battery fully. Most AGM chargers have a saftey built into them, that if they do not see a certain voltage from the battery then they will not put out a charge voltage. If the battery was sitting below 10V the charger may have never even charged the battery.

If this is the case you can hook it up to another 12V battery pos to pos and neg to neg and let the charger charge both batteries. This will turn the charger on and the charge current will go into the drained battery.

It is not a good idea to leave a battery for months without a charge. Doesn't matter what battery it is it will hurt the battery. A battery tender or battery tender plus is a great investment especially if the battery is in an application that doesn't get driven for months. I would also suggest looking to see if you have a draw on your car.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Ok I'll try connecting another battery together and see if that works, does it matter if I hook up an optima to it? My charger has a switch to select agm or gel cell, just wanna get it rite.

''The Darkest Souls Are Not Those Wich Choose To Exist Within The Hell Of The Abyss, But Those Wich Choose To Break Free From The Abyss And Move Silently Amoung Us''

• 3 months later...