Another Bitchslapping Gaming PC Build - SMD Style. (VIDEO PAGE 13)

I just would like to point out that you cant use 3 GTX 690s in SLI because the GTX 690 is a Dual GPU card thus it already have a 2 way SLI on its own, that beeing said if you have 2 of them its a 4 way SLI if you had 3 of them it would be a 6 way SLI witch is impossible you can use 3 GTX 680s in 3 way SLi tho

I just would like to point out that you cant use 3 GTX 690s in SLI because the GTX 690 is a Dual GPU card thus it already have a 2 way SLI on its own, that beeing said if you have 2 of them its a 4 way SLI if you had 3 of them it would be a 6 way SLI witch is impossible you can use 3 GTX 680s in 3 way SLi tho

actually, you CAN. The problem is, the third card won't be that dramatic of a difference. Knowing him though, if it can be done, he will want it done. I'm almost certain you can do it. If it doesn't work, i will drop back to 2 but right now its looking like 3.

I was certain that you can only have 4 GPU max when during SLI or Crossfire.

I heard that 680's are better then 690's. here is a link - http://www.videocard...h_end_gpus.html

Just my 2 cent :)

there is no way a 680 is better then a 690. A 690 consists of 2 680's......i don't know who's results those are but they won't be mine. I personally own 2 GTX 580's and its showing the 690 BARELY better then that one. I think not LOL.

Those score are based on public passmark tests. There is no way to tell what rig they have, most the rigs witht he 680's could have been built way better. And i believe that the drivers were not up to par for the 690 when they were first released and had performance issues with some games. That being said im sure that has changed by now.

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

#UD# is right. You can only use 2 GTX 690's in SLI due to the 4-chip limit (the 690 has 2 chips per card). The same limit applies to AMD's CrossFireX.

4 GTX 680's would theoretically outperform 2 GTX 690's due to their higher chip clocks but at 200+ frames per second it's not going to make a difference to anyone in the world. Plus the GTX 690's have the absolute upper hand in the BAMF category.

The PassMark link that was posted is useless in this scenario. The benchmark only uses one of the two chips on the GTX 690 card. Given that the chips on the 690 are slightly slower than the chips on the 680 in order to cut power consumption (there's a limit on what one board can pull for power) it makes sense that the 680 would outperform one half of the 690.

Can't wait to see this thing all built up! Pick a killer case Steve!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

The gun thing is the southbridge heatsink. Some brands have their top boards of the current chipset all decked out.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

wow, and to think i was perfectly happy with my $800 hp until i started looking at the pc's people on here build. specially after seeing this one.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I like the motherboard the most, looks fresh.

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

The gun thing is the southbridge heatsink. Some brands have their top boards of the current chipset all decked out.

I would of imagined that the bullets in the clip were the south bridge heatsink? Unless these new boards moved the south bridge above the processor?

you gonna be adding sounds? nice sound card with spu and dac?

There's a chip on there labeled "X-Fi". That's Creatives' sound chip. It doesn't mention that on the product page on Newegg, though. So maybe it's the "low end fake X-Fi chip"? He might not need a sound card if that's the REAL X-Fi chip, that they managed to integrate into the mother board. I know they've managed integrating X-Fi into motherboards in the past.

X-Fichip.png

EDIT:

After reading the reviews, it doesn't seem like it's up to par with a dedicated card.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Wow that's quite a rig haha

I know you like to do your own thing... But if you manage to max out the 12v rail on that power supply, I have an Ultra X3 1600 watt power supply for my home comp. It's sweet. Has a single 12v rail instead of a bunch of smaller ones. You might want to look into one ;)

Only thing to know is they are pretty deep. Gotta make sure you have space haha

Anyways... I'm tuned in for this one!